Chupa Chupa
Aug 25, 08:51 PM
Ask me, phone support has been pretty lousy for years (at least since 1996 or whenever they instituted the stupid 90-day support rule that doesn't mirror the 1 year warranty.) Call up about an issue outside the 90-days and if AppleCare shoots you down (usually they will) they charge your CC. Crazy since lesser makers, HP and Dell, treat customers better. Meanwhile, you can take the same troubled machine to the Apple Store and usually the Geniuses will get your Mac fixed with little hassle.
A few years ago (I think it was the G4 Quicksilver) a phone support tech told me my (self-installed) ATA/100 hard drive wasn't working on the secondary ATA/66 hard drive bus because it was too fast! I told her that no one has made an ATA/66 hard drive for years. She told me that I shouldn't use a drive on that bus then...even those it was designed specifically for extra hard drives. 2nd Level techs wouldn't help me either. I ended up having to schlep the machine to the Apple Store where the Genius, after a few tests, confirmed I needed a new logic board.
Maybe it's just me, but phone support always wants to dismiss my issue and push me off the phone. When my MBP was whining they told me my hearing was too sensitive! Only months later did they admit a problem. Maybe THAT is why there is a growing dissatisfaction. Personally, I've loathed calling for years.
A few years ago (I think it was the G4 Quicksilver) a phone support tech told me my (self-installed) ATA/100 hard drive wasn't working on the secondary ATA/66 hard drive bus because it was too fast! I told her that no one has made an ATA/66 hard drive for years. She told me that I shouldn't use a drive on that bus then...even those it was designed specifically for extra hard drives. 2nd Level techs wouldn't help me either. I ended up having to schlep the machine to the Apple Store where the Genius, after a few tests, confirmed I needed a new logic board.
Maybe it's just me, but phone support always wants to dismiss my issue and push me off the phone. When my MBP was whining they told me my hearing was too sensitive! Only months later did they admit a problem. Maybe THAT is why there is a growing dissatisfaction. Personally, I've loathed calling for years.
Multimedia
Jul 27, 11:26 PM
if merom produces less heat.. i would think that apple will quickly update both MB and MBP so it won't be releasing anymore problematic notebooksYes your logic is impecible. But Apple does not act on logic. They are in it for the money. :D
FF_productions
Aug 15, 09:50 PM
Well, we all knew that the G5 isn't a "bad" chip necessarily.. It's older tech, and I think, wasn't really meant for this kind of work (non-server applications).
Preaching to the choir am I?
I actually want a G5 now that they have started coming down in price. I could get a dual g5 for a pretty good price, it sure is a step up from a Dual G4.
Preaching to the choir am I?
I actually want a G5 now that they have started coming down in price. I could get a dual g5 for a pretty good price, it sure is a step up from a Dual G4.
Renegate
Aug 8, 01:32 AM
I don't know what there is to be underwhelmed about; the rumor has basically been that the main things being covered here would be the Mac Pro (which exceeded my expectations) and the first real glimpse at Leopard (which looks very cool from what I've seen). I didn't find either the Mac Pro or Leopard to be underwhelming, so I don't see anything that would make me feel underwhelmed.
I guess I would be underwhelmed if I had mistaken WWDC for Macworld or something, and expected a bunch of major new product announcements.
And don't forget they said : More things to be announced next week
I guess I would be underwhelmed if I had mistaken WWDC for Macworld or something, and expected a bunch of major new product announcements.
And don't forget they said : More things to be announced next week
littleman23408
Nov 24, 09:49 AM
Excellent! I can't wait to get my hands on it this afternoon

jamesryanbell
Mar 31, 03:16 PM
Jobs was right. AGAIN.
When he speaks, listen.
When he speaks, listen.
63dot
Aug 17, 11:46 AM
so if apple gets a 3 socket logic board, or a 4 socket one, we could have 12 or 16 cores.
now we are talking...processors get me so horny :)
i used to go bug my friend who worked in the field, in his past life, soldering very small widgets and thingies on motherboards and processors in the 80s and early 90s...he burned out and became a private investigator for way less money than an electrical engineer in the valley...but way more exciting since he gets to carry a gun (can anybody say midlife crisis?)
actually, my love of processors was not that great...i dropped out of a phd program in computer engineering specializing in mass networking equipment processors and chipsets...but those are in a totally different price range...and there are some exciting ideas in the world of processing using water molecules and string theory, but that's way out there right now
anyway, for my normal daily uses here at home, i am eyeing the 17" inch imac and that would actually be the best machine for me, dollar for dollar, and a truly fine machine to replace my five year old power mac
now we are talking...processors get me so horny :)
i used to go bug my friend who worked in the field, in his past life, soldering very small widgets and thingies on motherboards and processors in the 80s and early 90s...he burned out and became a private investigator for way less money than an electrical engineer in the valley...but way more exciting since he gets to carry a gun (can anybody say midlife crisis?)
actually, my love of processors was not that great...i dropped out of a phd program in computer engineering specializing in mass networking equipment processors and chipsets...but those are in a totally different price range...and there are some exciting ideas in the world of processing using water molecules and string theory, but that's way out there right now
anyway, for my normal daily uses here at home, i am eyeing the 17" inch imac and that would actually be the best machine for me, dollar for dollar, and a truly fine machine to replace my five year old power mac
arkmannj
Aug 5, 08:09 PM
I am excited for 10.5, mac pros, displays, core 2 duo, etc...
but for the practicle side of my wallet I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER for an airport upgrade. (as in, an upgrade to the airport extreme, express) I'm not expecting faster speeds, but it would be very nice if they could add features like
* the ability for USB 2.0 / firewire external storage devices to connect, or even like 2GB built in storage for shared files.
* streaming video
* etc :-)
but for the practicle side of my wallet I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER for an airport upgrade. (as in, an upgrade to the airport extreme, express) I'm not expecting faster speeds, but it would be very nice if they could add features like
* the ability for USB 2.0 / firewire external storage devices to connect, or even like 2GB built in storage for shared files.
* streaming video
* etc :-)
Squire
Aug 8, 05:52 AM
Okay, after reading the ten pages, here are my thoughts:
I think one of the biggest things is the iChat remote desktop functionality. I have long been wanting very basic Apple Remote Desktop abilities in OS X. It is the perfect way to help a friend or family member troubleshoot a computer problem or teach them how to do a particular task.
Now, it seems, in iChat, all they have to do is share their screen, and you can take over! (If I am reading the description correctly!)
This is huge, in my opinion. I even considered buying Remote Desktop last year to help my computer-challenged family members with certain issues. Excellent-- yet totally unexpected-- development. (Strange that they didn't demo this feature during the keynote, though.)
Oh yeah, Time Machine is cool.
And this is the other biggie for me. Idiot proof and, in my opinion, truly necessary. Sure, you hope you'll never need it but it's the same with insurance. (And to those whining about the space theme, don't worry. Someone-- either Apple or a 3rd party developer-- will make it so the theme can be changed. Personally, I like it.)
http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/accessibility.html
From this site:
Closed captioning
QuickTime currently supports closed captioning by including a text track alongside audio and video content. But improved QuickTime support will automatically display the CEA-608 closed captioning text standard in analog broadcasts in the U.S.
-----
Anyone think this means support for Closed Captioning in iTunes video downloads? As a hearing-impaired Mac-User, the lack of subtitles/captions in the TV shows is the one thing keeping me from buying a bunch of them. I hope they address this issue soon...
Good point. I would love that if they ever decided to make TV shows available to those outside the US.
* Mail: The advancements are welcome. I, also, send emails to myself all the time. Good idea.
* Spaces: Well, not a huge feature for me. I think Expose does a good enough job.
* Dashboard: I like the web clip thing.
* Spotlight: Not much new there for my use.
* iCal: I never use it but now that the To Do list option is there, I might.
* Accessibility: I think the new voice is more important than some may think. Having an OS voice that sounds, well, real, might have some interesting applications.
* 64-bit: Depends on apps, doesn't it?
* Core Animation: Now, is this something the average Joe can utilize or is it for pros? Looks cool, nonetheless.
Enhanced iChat: Nifty new features, but here's the deal: Apple needs to look beyond Cupertino and survey the IM landscape that exists outside of the US, because it's huge. Most PC-using kids and twenty-somethings overseas live and breath and depend on two kinds of software, an internet browser and an IM client. Overseas, Yahoo and MS Messenger are all that's used and the features that are provided by those clients are heavily depended upon by the overseas youth culture because they were born and raised on that stuff. If iChat (or any other client) at a minimum can't provide support for Yahoo and MS Messenger protocols with absolute one for one feature parity with PC's, you can forget about selling a Mac (or at least the Mac OS) to these kids, because it's just an absolute deal-killer without IM support that they are used to. The IM culture overseas is just that big, that integrated, and they (along with their IM friends) don't use AOL and they don't use .Mac and they aren't going to. The IM scene overseas and it's dependence on MS Messenger and Yahoo is practically a youth culture in and of itself now and ignoring that is simply bad business for Apple at this point.
Of all the iChat comments on these 10 pages, this one is the most significant. Apple has to get together with Microsoft and Yahoo! to work this out. I know, like, 3 people who use AOL. and I don't want a 3rd party patch job. (I know some of you swear by Adium but I really like iChat.)
Finally, it appears that some of these make features included in the .mac service redundant. Specifically, Backup (displaced by Time Machine) and, to a lesser extent, iCards (now challenged by the stationery features in Mail). This is in direct contrast to MWSF '06 where it seemed that .Mac would take on a larger role.
-Squire
I think one of the biggest things is the iChat remote desktop functionality. I have long been wanting very basic Apple Remote Desktop abilities in OS X. It is the perfect way to help a friend or family member troubleshoot a computer problem or teach them how to do a particular task.
Now, it seems, in iChat, all they have to do is share their screen, and you can take over! (If I am reading the description correctly!)
This is huge, in my opinion. I even considered buying Remote Desktop last year to help my computer-challenged family members with certain issues. Excellent-- yet totally unexpected-- development. (Strange that they didn't demo this feature during the keynote, though.)
Oh yeah, Time Machine is cool.
And this is the other biggie for me. Idiot proof and, in my opinion, truly necessary. Sure, you hope you'll never need it but it's the same with insurance. (And to those whining about the space theme, don't worry. Someone-- either Apple or a 3rd party developer-- will make it so the theme can be changed. Personally, I like it.)
http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/accessibility.html
From this site:
Closed captioning
QuickTime currently supports closed captioning by including a text track alongside audio and video content. But improved QuickTime support will automatically display the CEA-608 closed captioning text standard in analog broadcasts in the U.S.
-----
Anyone think this means support for Closed Captioning in iTunes video downloads? As a hearing-impaired Mac-User, the lack of subtitles/captions in the TV shows is the one thing keeping me from buying a bunch of them. I hope they address this issue soon...
Good point. I would love that if they ever decided to make TV shows available to those outside the US.
* Mail: The advancements are welcome. I, also, send emails to myself all the time. Good idea.
* Spaces: Well, not a huge feature for me. I think Expose does a good enough job.
* Dashboard: I like the web clip thing.
* Spotlight: Not much new there for my use.
* iCal: I never use it but now that the To Do list option is there, I might.
* Accessibility: I think the new voice is more important than some may think. Having an OS voice that sounds, well, real, might have some interesting applications.
* 64-bit: Depends on apps, doesn't it?
* Core Animation: Now, is this something the average Joe can utilize or is it for pros? Looks cool, nonetheless.
Enhanced iChat: Nifty new features, but here's the deal: Apple needs to look beyond Cupertino and survey the IM landscape that exists outside of the US, because it's huge. Most PC-using kids and twenty-somethings overseas live and breath and depend on two kinds of software, an internet browser and an IM client. Overseas, Yahoo and MS Messenger are all that's used and the features that are provided by those clients are heavily depended upon by the overseas youth culture because they were born and raised on that stuff. If iChat (or any other client) at a minimum can't provide support for Yahoo and MS Messenger protocols with absolute one for one feature parity with PC's, you can forget about selling a Mac (or at least the Mac OS) to these kids, because it's just an absolute deal-killer without IM support that they are used to. The IM culture overseas is just that big, that integrated, and they (along with their IM friends) don't use AOL and they don't use .Mac and they aren't going to. The IM scene overseas and it's dependence on MS Messenger and Yahoo is practically a youth culture in and of itself now and ignoring that is simply bad business for Apple at this point.
Of all the iChat comments on these 10 pages, this one is the most significant. Apple has to get together with Microsoft and Yahoo! to work this out. I know, like, 3 people who use AOL. and I don't want a 3rd party patch job. (I know some of you swear by Adium but I really like iChat.)
Finally, it appears that some of these make features included in the .mac service redundant. Specifically, Backup (displaced by Time Machine) and, to a lesser extent, iCards (now challenged by the stationery features in Mail). This is in direct contrast to MWSF '06 where it seemed that .Mac would take on a larger role.
-Squire
phatpat88
Jul 15, 12:46 AM
What about 4 SATA II Drives? This way I can have a mirrored 1TB RAID [clicks heals]
The speed of a RAID with the security of mirroring.. it doesn't get mucho better :)
The speed of a RAID with the security of mirroring.. it doesn't get mucho better :)
aaronsullivan
Apr 11, 11:43 AM
To me this means 4G and Verizon/AT&T hardware convergence. Both, good news.
My biggest concern is the next iOS version. Will it be delayed to coincide with the hardware? With little info, I'd guess/hope no. If it's impressive enough it can fight competition using software enhanced iPhone 4 for awhile. Without the big iOS update seems a long stretch to 2012.
Either way, I'll personally be sticking with my iPhone 4 'til late June 2012 anyway for contract reasons.
How about this for the iPhone 5
5 4 3 2 1
iPhone 5, 4G (4 cameras), 3D, 2 carriers, 1 easy choice.
Yeah, that's why I'm not in marketing. :o/
My biggest concern is the next iOS version. Will it be delayed to coincide with the hardware? With little info, I'd guess/hope no. If it's impressive enough it can fight competition using software enhanced iPhone 4 for awhile. Without the big iOS update seems a long stretch to 2012.
Either way, I'll personally be sticking with my iPhone 4 'til late June 2012 anyway for contract reasons.
How about this for the iPhone 5
5 4 3 2 1
iPhone 5, 4G (4 cameras), 3D, 2 carriers, 1 easy choice.
Yeah, that's why I'm not in marketing. :o/
andiwm2003
Apr 25, 04:14 PM
How does an encrypted db aide your sense of security when the information is about publicly listed cell towers [FCC registered], and ends up at Google which profiles your activities for trends which then allows them to resell this information through their AdSense service and more?
How did your sense of security become violated when the Telcos have historically sold your contact information to third parties who flood your mail box with junk mail and get you on lists w/o your consent? Does it send you through the roof that your liberties are being violated?
Do you scream at Safeway, Albertsons, Starbucks and every other business that profiles your buying habits that it pushes you to file a class action lawsuit?
I think not.
This and all subsequent lawsuits will be thrown out. Apple is in compliance with the FCC rules and regulations set by Congress.
.................................................................................................... ............................).
You are correct in these points.
However the fact that someone with physical access to my cell phone can figure out that I visited a certain city several times and can derive easily with what client I had negotiations is a big concern. This is true for a lot of professionals.
Then there is of course the case where you told your spouse you were in Kentucky working while your cell phone shows that you were in Vegas four times this month......
This information is of course for a person who specifically targets you much easier to get through stealing your iPhone than through hacking into Google or ATT. This case is different from random data collection by Starbucks in that someone with very little resources can target you.
Case in point: My GF has a few crazy stalkers who could find out from this data base where she actually spends most of her time. They are mentally challenged creeps who have no way to do this through hacking into ATT but they could steal her stuff at her public appearances. They actually showed up there.
Therefore this location database needs to be encrypted. It seems that many of you think these concerns do not exist or are irrelevant. I'm surprised by this.
How did your sense of security become violated when the Telcos have historically sold your contact information to third parties who flood your mail box with junk mail and get you on lists w/o your consent? Does it send you through the roof that your liberties are being violated?
Do you scream at Safeway, Albertsons, Starbucks and every other business that profiles your buying habits that it pushes you to file a class action lawsuit?
I think not.
This and all subsequent lawsuits will be thrown out. Apple is in compliance with the FCC rules and regulations set by Congress.
.................................................................................................... ............................).
You are correct in these points.
However the fact that someone with physical access to my cell phone can figure out that I visited a certain city several times and can derive easily with what client I had negotiations is a big concern. This is true for a lot of professionals.
Then there is of course the case where you told your spouse you were in Kentucky working while your cell phone shows that you were in Vegas four times this month......
This information is of course for a person who specifically targets you much easier to get through stealing your iPhone than through hacking into Google or ATT. This case is different from random data collection by Starbucks in that someone with very little resources can target you.
Case in point: My GF has a few crazy stalkers who could find out from this data base where she actually spends most of her time. They are mentally challenged creeps who have no way to do this through hacking into ATT but they could steal her stuff at her public appearances. They actually showed up there.
Therefore this location database needs to be encrypted. It seems that many of you think these concerns do not exist or are irrelevant. I'm surprised by this.
KnightWRX
Apr 6, 03:38 PM
Next Air will see a DRAMATIC speed improvement CPU wise and a minor decrease in GPU performance.
The GPU performance decrease is much more severe that you let on, and the improvement in CPU is rarely even used, as it sits in the idle loop most of the time as most applications are mostly i/o bound or simply sit there waiting for user input.
Also, let's not forget 2 other major points :
- VDA (Video Decode Acceleration) framework support : Intel 3000HD isn't supported, forget hardware accelerated decoding of Flash content in H.264. This has been a major lacking point on Apple's part since introducing the framework and getting rid of nVidia chipsets, they haven't yet announced any change to this framework which right now only supports the 9400m, the 9600m and the 320m.
- OpenCL. Big selling point for Snow Leopard, absent from most of their hardware line-up now. GG Apple.
The Air with the 320m right now supports both. The SB MBP 13" does not.
The main thing keeping me from wanting a MBA for software development is the 4GB RAM limit. If you're not running any virtual machines you'd probably do just fine with 4GB, but as soon as you need to run a Windows VM things will get painful (especially if you're running Visual Studio in it).
I run a Windows VM with 1 GB of dedicated memory and a Linux VM with 1.5 GB of dedicated memory. All while Xcode is open and doing something in every OS.
Seriously, software development is about the less ressource hungry task you can do on modern computers. Browsers use more system ressources nowadays than code editors/compilers/debuggers. :rolleyes:
The GPU performance decrease is much more severe that you let on, and the improvement in CPU is rarely even used, as it sits in the idle loop most of the time as most applications are mostly i/o bound or simply sit there waiting for user input.
Also, let's not forget 2 other major points :
- VDA (Video Decode Acceleration) framework support : Intel 3000HD isn't supported, forget hardware accelerated decoding of Flash content in H.264. This has been a major lacking point on Apple's part since introducing the framework and getting rid of nVidia chipsets, they haven't yet announced any change to this framework which right now only supports the 9400m, the 9600m and the 320m.
- OpenCL. Big selling point for Snow Leopard, absent from most of their hardware line-up now. GG Apple.
The Air with the 320m right now supports both. The SB MBP 13" does not.
The main thing keeping me from wanting a MBA for software development is the 4GB RAM limit. If you're not running any virtual machines you'd probably do just fine with 4GB, but as soon as you need to run a Windows VM things will get painful (especially if you're running Visual Studio in it).
I run a Windows VM with 1 GB of dedicated memory and a Linux VM with 1.5 GB of dedicated memory. All while Xcode is open and doing something in every OS.
Seriously, software development is about the less ressource hungry task you can do on modern computers. Browsers use more system ressources nowadays than code editors/compilers/debuggers. :rolleyes:
shamino
Jul 20, 11:11 AM
However, many apps today won't see that much improvement either way (like a simple calculator, or solitare and word processing).
If that's all your requirements are, then you would be able to get by very nicely on an old G3 system (assuming you can cram enough RAM into it.)
We have long since exceeded the amount of CPU power needed for things like basic Office apps, and are several orders of magnitude more powerful than what's needed for a calculator or solitare program!
But this really should not come as a surprise to anybody. For basic word processing (without any embedded objects), my old Apple //c with AppleWorks is more than powerful enough. And that's with a 1MHz 6502 processor, 128K of RAM and two floppy drives!
People are so used to bloatware and insane amounts of eye-candy, that they start thinking they actually need supercomputer power in order to write a memo or send a fax.
If that's all your requirements are, then you would be able to get by very nicely on an old G3 system (assuming you can cram enough RAM into it.)
We have long since exceeded the amount of CPU power needed for things like basic Office apps, and are several orders of magnitude more powerful than what's needed for a calculator or solitare program!
But this really should not come as a surprise to anybody. For basic word processing (without any embedded objects), my old Apple //c with AppleWorks is more than powerful enough. And that's with a 1MHz 6502 processor, 128K of RAM and two floppy drives!
People are so used to bloatware and insane amounts of eye-candy, that they start thinking they actually need supercomputer power in order to write a memo or send a fax.
Dagless
Aug 18, 05:36 AM
Sweet Mary and the orphans if that thing gets near to my entertainment centre I'll kill it.
kiljoy616
Apr 25, 01:34 PM
Strange Google is not on the lawsuit since they do the same. I guess its Apple turn to deal with privacy.
70355
Aug 7, 06:03 PM
Innovation isn't creating new ideas, but improving them.
I guess. If we're allowed to make up our own definitions for words.
If not, Merriam-Webster considers "innovation" to be "the introduction of something new".
I guess. If we're allowed to make up our own definitions for words.
If not, Merriam-Webster considers "innovation" to be "the introduction of something new".
Super Dave
Aug 5, 06:26 PM
Besides, I still think Apple WOULD love to include an iSight in their displays.
Too many people have dual displays (well people who shell out the dough for Apple's HD displays do) to put iSights in each one.
David :cool:
Too many people have dual displays (well people who shell out the dough for Apple's HD displays do) to put iSights in each one.
David :cool:
rye9
Aug 7, 03:18 PM
Personally.. I wasnt too thrilled with the features shown.. some i liked tho.. but some i didnt care for.. time machine is amazing however.. and spaces is nice too. All in all i cant wait to get my hands on it next year.
ChickenSwartz
Jul 27, 11:49 AM
Since the WWDC is focused on developers, wouldn't it make the most sense for Apple to do all of the chip transition announcements plus the Leopard preview at WWDC...
This seems to make most sense to me. Obviously developers care about the OS. But introducing a line of "Pro" machines with the newest/best processor (maybe a new look?!?) seems intuitive at a developers conference but who knows.
I sit waiting anxiously. For me, I hope there is a new MBP with Merom by the time school starts. If they changed nothing but the processor I would be happy...it seems they have worked most of the kinks out (whine, etc.) by now.
This seems to make most sense to me. Obviously developers care about the OS. But introducing a line of "Pro" machines with the newest/best processor (maybe a new look?!?) seems intuitive at a developers conference but who knows.
I sit waiting anxiously. For me, I hope there is a new MBP with Merom by the time school starts. If they changed nothing but the processor I would be happy...it seems they have worked most of the kinks out (whine, etc.) by now.
benthewraith
Nov 28, 07:54 PM
i agree with this on one condition:
Universal agrees to give up its right to prosecute anyone who owns an iPod for piracy.
i.e. if I buy an iPod, then I can pirate Universal's catalogue all I want because I have effectively already paid for their content.
a few bucks is a small price to pay to get access to everything they got
One wonders why it hasn't been used in a Court of Law. :p Stress that the same law that applies to cassette tape players and the record function should be the same as downloading music to use on cds (to which they paid for, and to which money is added to CD/DVD sales to make up for pirated music).
Universal agrees to give up its right to prosecute anyone who owns an iPod for piracy.
i.e. if I buy an iPod, then I can pirate Universal's catalogue all I want because I have effectively already paid for their content.
a few bucks is a small price to pay to get access to everything they got
One wonders why it hasn't been used in a Court of Law. :p Stress that the same law that applies to cassette tape players and the record function should be the same as downloading music to use on cds (to which they paid for, and to which money is added to CD/DVD sales to make up for pirated music).
macaddiict
Apr 25, 01:37 PM
I haven't read this lawsuit, so I don't know if they're claiming things that aren't true... but I really do not like the fact that the iPhone has a breadcrumbs database of my travels for the last 3 years!
This type of thing should not happen without users' knowledge... and it was. Or else this file would not be news!
This type of thing should not happen without users' knowledge... and it was. Or else this file would not be news!
EvilEvil
Apr 11, 03:55 PM
makes my recent iphone 4 purchase look like a good decision. Sorry for those who are waiting for the 5 :o
qft!
qft!
SevenInchScrew
Aug 10, 10:11 AM
...so either way, there's only 4 versions of the game out. at over 57 million copies sold
No, there has been 8 Gran Turismo games totaling 56M. If you only count the 4 full release titles, you get 46M.
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html
mario kart is a different type of racing game, geared towards a different audience.
So, I guess you aren't going to count the Need For Speed series either, are you? As a series, it is already over 100M sales.
i'm not saying sales are the only factor, but when you get to the level of Gran Turismo, that's when vendors start making real cars just for the game...
Name for me one real car that was created just for GT. Not a concept car, a REAL car.
No, there has been 8 Gran Turismo games totaling 56M. If you only count the 4 full release titles, you get 46M.
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html
mario kart is a different type of racing game, geared towards a different audience.
So, I guess you aren't going to count the Need For Speed series either, are you? As a series, it is already over 100M sales.
i'm not saying sales are the only factor, but when you get to the level of Gran Turismo, that's when vendors start making real cars just for the game...
Name for me one real car that was created just for GT. Not a concept car, a REAL car.