MattSepeta
Apr 27, 11:53 AM
He shouldn't have given in to the racists. But it's out there.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42779923/ns/politics-white_house/
Image (http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3050/08c2e64746f7486daac794e.png)
Now will Donald Trump and all of these other racist *******s please shut the hell up?
Racists?
More like plain old generic morons. I have NO IDEA why Obama would cave like this....
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42779923/ns/politics-white_house/
Image (http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3050/08c2e64746f7486daac794e.png)
Now will Donald Trump and all of these other racist *******s please shut the hell up?
Racists?
More like plain old generic morons. I have NO IDEA why Obama would cave like this....
severe
Jun 22, 01:00 AM
Yeah I thought about that... But I'd rather not go through the hassle of craigs list and eBay...
Just a suggestion. Don't blame ya. eBay is a disaster. And Craigs wasn't far off, with all the inquiries and little follow through. I let it go for less than I would have liked, just to be done with it.
Still glad I did.
Just a suggestion. Don't blame ya. eBay is a disaster. And Craigs wasn't far off, with all the inquiries and little follow through. I let it go for less than I would have liked, just to be done with it.
Still glad I did.
Stella
Mar 22, 01:27 PM
Excellent to see more tablets coming on to the market. This is good news for all - competition is great - for all companies and consumers.
Choice and Competition is King.
Choice and Competition is King.
Rt&Dzine
Apr 27, 10:14 AM
Trump is a hero. :rolleyes:
�Today, I�m very proud of myself because I�ve accomplished something that no one was able to accomplish,� Mr. Trump told reporters who gathered in an airport hangar. �I am really honored, frankly, to have played such a big role in hopefully getting rid of this issue.�
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/trump-takes-credit-for-release-of-obamas-long-form-birth-certificate/
�Today, I�m very proud of myself because I�ve accomplished something that no one was able to accomplish,� Mr. Trump told reporters who gathered in an airport hangar. �I am really honored, frankly, to have played such a big role in hopefully getting rid of this issue.�
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/trump-takes-credit-for-release-of-obamas-long-form-birth-certificate/
iStudentUK
Apr 11, 11:26 AM
They should stick to the June update each year. I know it may not be their fault but Apple need to keep the iPhone up to date, otherwise they will lose ground. Mobile phones are very competitive.
slothy420
Jun 15, 04:41 PM
Radio Shack is no longer doing Pre-orders...I was told there are no more iPhones available for them...
The Best Buy in my area is doing a $50 Pre-order but it's BS...The $50 doesn't go towards the iPhone...You're still going to have to pay full price (not guaranteed that you will get one on launch) and the $50 that was originally paid will be returned to you as a gift card. Are you serious????
I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but it doesn't match my experience at BB this morning. I paid $50 for the deposit which was returned to me in the form of a $50 BB gift card, which the sales rep specifically told me to bring it back on the 24th and it would be applied towards my iPhone purchase. I have a 9am appt at the store (1st appt of the day) and will be the first one to walk out of there with my new iPhone 4.
The Best Buy in my area is doing a $50 Pre-order but it's BS...The $50 doesn't go towards the iPhone...You're still going to have to pay full price (not guaranteed that you will get one on launch) and the $50 that was originally paid will be returned to you as a gift card. Are you serious????
I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but it doesn't match my experience at BB this morning. I paid $50 for the deposit which was returned to me in the form of a $50 BB gift card, which the sales rep specifically told me to bring it back on the 24th and it would be applied towards my iPhone purchase. I have a 9am appt at the store (1st appt of the day) and will be the first one to walk out of there with my new iPhone 4.
epitaphic
Sep 13, 11:02 AM
Read more here...
http://www.sun.com/2004-0914/feature/index.html
Logically, the next question is if ZFS' 128 bits is enough. According to Bonwick, it has to be. "Populating 128-bit file systems would exceed the quantum limits of earth-based storage. You couldn't fill a 128-bit storage pool without boiling the oceans."
wow. boiling the oceans. there's a thought that never crossed my mind ;)
http://www.sun.com/2004-0914/feature/index.html
Logically, the next question is if ZFS' 128 bits is enough. According to Bonwick, it has to be. "Populating 128-bit file systems would exceed the quantum limits of earth-based storage. You couldn't fill a 128-bit storage pool without boiling the oceans."
wow. boiling the oceans. there's a thought that never crossed my mind ;)
ugp
Jun 10, 07:21 AM
I've always called Wal-Mart Wally World.
NebulaClash
Apr 6, 01:29 PM
This can't be right. MR posters have assured me that the Xoom is better than the iPad. I mean, if you can't trust MR posters, whom can you trust?
daneoni
Sep 19, 03:34 AM
Well Duh. As there will be a MacPro update, iPhone, (possibly) true video iPod and Leopard as well as iTV launch at MWSF
Earendil
Jun 8, 07:40 PM
Why would there be any difference? Do Cheese Doodles purchased form the Piggly Wiggly taste any better than those purchased from Publix?
No, I suspect that Apple's quality control is good enough that an iPhone bought at AT&T and one bought from Radio Shack will taste identical.
No advantages. I mean what does it matter? If it's the white Apple bag you want I can send you one. Eventually they become useless.
I was thinking more along the lines of Warranties. The Apple one will hold no matter what, I would imagine. But I didn't know if Radio Shack, for example, generally has extended services above and beyond the manufacturers.
Or perhaps when an iPhone is bought from Apple a certain amount of data is stored at the time of purchase (like the date) that would make future warranty claims go smoother.
I could not care less about white baggies or taste differences.
No, I suspect that Apple's quality control is good enough that an iPhone bought at AT&T and one bought from Radio Shack will taste identical.
No advantages. I mean what does it matter? If it's the white Apple bag you want I can send you one. Eventually they become useless.
I was thinking more along the lines of Warranties. The Apple one will hold no matter what, I would imagine. But I didn't know if Radio Shack, for example, generally has extended services above and beyond the manufacturers.
Or perhaps when an iPhone is bought from Apple a certain amount of data is stored at the time of purchase (like the date) that would make future warranty claims go smoother.
I could not care less about white baggies or taste differences.
gorgeousninja
Apr 19, 04:27 PM
I'm surprised to see iPhones have outsold iPod Touches by so much; I've never really considered the figures but just assumed that there would be way more iPod Touches around than iPhones.
Maybe your hanging out with too many kids/Android users. Why, otherwise would you need an iPhone and and iPod Touch?
Maybe your hanging out with too many kids/Android users. Why, otherwise would you need an iPhone and and iPod Touch?
LARQ1
Jun 13, 12:40 PM
Hello Guys!!
I posted my 3gs 32GB White IPhone on CRAIGSLIST and sold it to the 1st guy that called me
for $425 ...why are people settling for the Price that Radio Shack is offering ?????
I had over 10 calls in about 15 mins on my way to sell the phone...I am in Miami FL.... G O O D L U C K all !!
BTW ...I feel naked :eek: now w/o my IPhone and cant wait for FeDex to knock on my door on the 24th :D !
I posted my 3gs 32GB White IPhone on CRAIGSLIST and sold it to the 1st guy that called me
for $425 ...why are people settling for the Price that Radio Shack is offering ?????
I had over 10 calls in about 15 mins on my way to sell the phone...I am in Miami FL.... G O O D L U C K all !!
BTW ...I feel naked :eek: now w/o my IPhone and cant wait for FeDex to knock on my door on the 24th :D !
infidel69
Apr 11, 11:33 AM
Big mistake if true.
jaksta
Mar 22, 01:19 PM
Lack of Flash support is the achilles heel of iPad. I hope Jobs gets off his high horse and relents.
generik
Sep 19, 01:15 AM
Haha, sounds like other people's disappointment amuses you. Feeding the fires of anticipation there... I can play along.
Any likelihood that we will see a laptop (NOT notebook) that can actually be used in one's lap without suffering from burns?!
Well it is not "other people's" disappointment, I know for a fact that if the nice HDD bay didn't make it into the next speedbump I'd be royally pissed. But yeah, somehow I have a really bad feeling that it is just going to be a chip swop.
Any likelihood that we will see a laptop (NOT notebook) that can actually be used in one's lap without suffering from burns?!
Well it is not "other people's" disappointment, I know for a fact that if the nice HDD bay didn't make it into the next speedbump I'd be royally pissed. But yeah, somehow I have a really bad feeling that it is just going to be a chip swop.
mwswami
Jul 23, 04:28 PM
Well Swami I am going to have to call your bluff. Makes no sense to skip Conroe Dual Cores on the Mac Pro yet. This Winter 2007 with Clovertowns, perhaps post MacWorld SF. But not yet. And maybe not ever.
...
You fill in the specs. I can't remember what speeds are being offered. This is all just a wild guestimate for discussion purposes. Please don't flame me.
Don't worry I won't flame you. You may turn out to be right. Only two weeks to go ...
...
You fill in the specs. I can't remember what speeds are being offered. This is all just a wild guestimate for discussion purposes. Please don't flame me.
Don't worry I won't flame you. You may turn out to be right. Only two weeks to go ...
PetMac
Aug 27, 03:38 PM
Long live PBG5NT. It reminds us how great it is to have frequent updates and powerful portables again.
realitymonkey
Apr 6, 07:14 AM
It all depends on what you do for a living I suppose. I can see wedding video makers would want to deliver blu-ray.
I don�t do weddings, but I would at least like to have the option to easily make a Blu-Ray longer than 20min . Now every time we give people a HD format of what we have done, we usually end up with an Apple TV HD file and that�s a very compressed HD file IMHO.
Yup I guess as we deliver full "uncompressed" HD via HDCAM SR mainly our needs a rather different. To me Blu-ray is the worst of all formats fairly big cumbersome files that are still to compressed to be useful to any one professionally, and not small enough to simply chuck around on thumb drives.....
I don�t do weddings, but I would at least like to have the option to easily make a Blu-Ray longer than 20min . Now every time we give people a HD format of what we have done, we usually end up with an Apple TV HD file and that�s a very compressed HD file IMHO.
Yup I guess as we deliver full "uncompressed" HD via HDCAM SR mainly our needs a rather different. To me Blu-ray is the worst of all formats fairly big cumbersome files that are still to compressed to be useful to any one professionally, and not small enough to simply chuck around on thumb drives.....
Multimedia
Aug 17, 11:43 AM
My main interest is in FCP the FCP results.
On a fixed budget, does anyone know the advantage/disadvantage of going for the 2.0Ghz with 1900XT over 2.6Ghz with the std video card?The 2GHz Mac Pro is 25% slower while the price is only 8.75% lower when you also lower the order $90 by making the HD a 160 instead of the 250 stock. 300GB SATA/300 drives are only $80 now. So I think it isn't really worth ordering the 2GHz model for that much less power for that little less money. For most of Final Cut Pro work you will not need the fancy video card. Motion is tne only thing that ATI card will help with. If you won't be using Motion a lot, the stock Mac Pro card will be fine.
The 3GHz model is just the opposite - 12.78% more power for 33% more money. Time is money has to be the reason for ordering the 3GHz model.
On a fixed budget, does anyone know the advantage/disadvantage of going for the 2.0Ghz with 1900XT over 2.6Ghz with the std video card?The 2GHz Mac Pro is 25% slower while the price is only 8.75% lower when you also lower the order $90 by making the HD a 160 instead of the 250 stock. 300GB SATA/300 drives are only $80 now. So I think it isn't really worth ordering the 2GHz model for that much less power for that little less money. For most of Final Cut Pro work you will not need the fancy video card. Motion is tne only thing that ATI card will help with. If you won't be using Motion a lot, the stock Mac Pro card will be fine.
The 3GHz model is just the opposite - 12.78% more power for 33% more money. Time is money has to be the reason for ordering the 3GHz model.
mcrain
Apr 27, 02:55 PM
Oh- and you're always objective. You are arguably one of the most abrasive and biased people here, and proud of it.
BTW- just opened the same file- no layers. So you tell me what I'm missing here.
Wait until he tells us which right-wing fringe website he was on so you can go read the instructions and try to recreate this silly pointless endeavor.
(edit) Whack-a-doodle website with Illustrator instructions (http://www.nkyvoice.com/2011/04/long-form-birth-certificate.html). Is this it Fivepoint?
Or is it this other nutty site (http://www.patrioticdissent.net/2011/04/obama-long-form-birth-certificate-fake.html)?
BTW- just opened the same file- no layers. So you tell me what I'm missing here.
Wait until he tells us which right-wing fringe website he was on so you can go read the instructions and try to recreate this silly pointless endeavor.
(edit) Whack-a-doodle website with Illustrator instructions (http://www.nkyvoice.com/2011/04/long-form-birth-certificate.html). Is this it Fivepoint?
Or is it this other nutty site (http://www.patrioticdissent.net/2011/04/obama-long-form-birth-certificate-fake.html)?
Tomaz
Aug 7, 05:46 PM
ok, to say something good about this preview: ichat looks great! Really looking forward to that! :)
MSlaw
Apr 25, 02:54 PM
They would have to prove that the data is being transmitted. And for the purchase price? lol They probably shorted a bunch of apple stock before they did this.
bruinsrme
Apr 27, 08:57 AM
He did furnish his official state-certified short-form birth certificate.
Before yesterday?
Before yesterday?