goobot
Mar 31, 07:18 PM
i heard that ios 4.3 is more open than the current android os :p
FF_productions
Aug 15, 11:34 AM
Check it out!
http://barefeats.com/quad06.html
The 3 ghz Mac Pro is neck and neck with the G5 Quad in the Adobe benchmarks, sick considering the fact it's running under rosetta!!
http://barefeats.com/quad06.html
The 3 ghz Mac Pro is neck and neck with the G5 Quad in the Adobe benchmarks, sick considering the fact it's running under rosetta!!
Agilus
Aug 7, 05:06 PM
As far as I know he can't, that's the difference. IT has to restore the file for you.
Still, nothing fundamentally new, and definitely not Vista 2.0... ;)
I don't think people are understanding the power of this tool. Sure, it backs stuff up, but what I like about it is that it's basically an automatic versioning (or configuration management) system built into the OS, tailored for a single user, with an intuitive way to search, view, and retrieve old versions. As far as I know, this hasn't been done before.
I do my own personal writing and coding, and it's something I've wanted for a long time. I even considered setting up CVS on my computer so I could do it myself, but never got around to it.
One thing that makes this better/different than other versioning systems, is that it is tailored for a single user. You don't get all the extra stuff that comes along with other version control software that deals with multiple users and file locking, etc. You just get the goodness of having all of your changes. Hopefully it can perform diffs (highlighting the differences between different versions), too!
Still, nothing fundamentally new, and definitely not Vista 2.0... ;)
I don't think people are understanding the power of this tool. Sure, it backs stuff up, but what I like about it is that it's basically an automatic versioning (or configuration management) system built into the OS, tailored for a single user, with an intuitive way to search, view, and retrieve old versions. As far as I know, this hasn't been done before.
I do my own personal writing and coding, and it's something I've wanted for a long time. I even considered setting up CVS on my computer so I could do it myself, but never got around to it.
One thing that makes this better/different than other versioning systems, is that it is tailored for a single user. You don't get all the extra stuff that comes along with other version control software that deals with multiple users and file locking, etc. You just get the goodness of having all of your changes. Hopefully it can perform diffs (highlighting the differences between different versions), too!
Dalton63841
Apr 27, 09:46 AM
Barack Husein Obama was born in Kenya! Now we have proof!!! Look, it says it right there!! :rolleyes:
Im really hoping the odd smiley means you are joking, and not that you just don't know how to read a birth certificate.
EDIT: LOL I get it...His father has the same name.
Im really hoping the odd smiley means you are joking, and not that you just don't know how to read a birth certificate.
EDIT: LOL I get it...His father has the same name.
dernhelm
Aug 26, 07:10 PM
What by the years end? That we stop reading the same "PowerBook G5 next Tuesday!" non-starting done-to-death joke?? :rolleyes: :p
No kidding. That's getting really tired now. It's the new "first post" carp we used to have to deal with a while back.
No kidding. That's getting really tired now. It's the new "first post" carp we used to have to deal with a while back.
Blue Velvet
Mar 22, 08:15 AM
How many of those in the first list have the capability of fielding an airforce?
Precisely. The UN mandate is to enforce a no-fly zone, amongst other things, tasks that are particularly suited for certain nations. I'm no gung-ho supporter of this action in Libya, but it strikes me as similar to Bosnia, with the real political pressure coming particularly from France for very real reasons.
Expect the overt US involvement to rapidly scale back soon.
Funny also that we heard a DAMN THING from the media regarding the fact that ONLY CONGRESS can declare war.
Did Ronald Reagan get a go-ahead from Congress in 1986 for attacking Libya?
Precisely. The UN mandate is to enforce a no-fly zone, amongst other things, tasks that are particularly suited for certain nations. I'm no gung-ho supporter of this action in Libya, but it strikes me as similar to Bosnia, with the real political pressure coming particularly from France for very real reasons.
Expect the overt US involvement to rapidly scale back soon.
Funny also that we heard a DAMN THING from the media regarding the fact that ONLY CONGRESS can declare war.
Did Ronald Reagan get a go-ahead from Congress in 1986 for attacking Libya?

Super Dave
Aug 6, 01:29 PM
Mac OS X Leopard
Introducing Vista 2.0
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=207241438&size=l
:D
B
Is that Vista 2.0 thing real? I hadn't seen it before.
David :cool:
Introducing Vista 2.0
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=207241438&size=l
:D
B
Is that Vista 2.0 thing real? I hadn't seen it before.
David :cool:
DrRadon
Mar 22, 12:46 PM
It won�t sell because the iPad lines will block the view in store.
daneoni
Aug 25, 08:26 PM
Right. Because the whole "if your battery's serial number falls within this range, this range, or this range" concept was so terribly difficult to grasp.
No, because different versions of the ranges were initially posted only recently has it been clarified...get with the program and stop trying to be a smartass
No, because different versions of the ranges were initially posted only recently has it been clarified...get with the program and stop trying to be a smartass
Henri Gaudier
Aug 26, 04:34 AM
Every time I read a thread on Apple's reliability or Apple's service I rarely see my experiences mirrored but this time there seems to be a lot of disatisfied people out there. I've had nearly a dozen Macs and everyone has either died or needed something major correcting. And everytime the service from Apple has been diabolical. EVERYTIME. Often native Dutch or German centres I think. How can this be with all of these Apple are great stories? "Our customer satisfaction is very high" Schiller *****!! And as for the Indian call centre closing down as quickly as it opened remark - well that just shows you Apples attitude to workers rights doesn't it. Globalisation crap. Apple are a wank capitalist corp that designs nice products and then they get someone else to make them in the cheapest way possible. All this idolatry. There service may be good in the US for whatever reasons, pride or US consumer expectations but when they travel abroad they don't give a *****. Trust me. If only there was some way out but after the thousands I've spent on software... there's no changing.
NT1440
Mar 23, 08:38 AM
. Wow, completely clicked on the wrong tab.....
faroZ06
Apr 27, 08:55 AM
Improved battery life. :)
I only activate Locations Services when I feel it's needed. Maps, Star Walk and MLB at Bat are about the only ones that come to mind. I don't keep LS turned on all of the time. I switch it on before using one of these. For The Weather Channel and other apps that require a location to function I manually enter it.
I turned it off in case it might use the data to detect that I live in California then tax my purchases on the App Store accordingly... And yes I think there is tax on purchases.
I only activate Locations Services when I feel it's needed. Maps, Star Walk and MLB at Bat are about the only ones that come to mind. I don't keep LS turned on all of the time. I switch it on before using one of these. For The Weather Channel and other apps that require a location to function I manually enter it.
I turned it off in case it might use the data to detect that I live in California then tax my purchases on the App Store accordingly... And yes I think there is tax on purchases.
ryanx27
Aug 27, 10:30 PM
Hey for what its worth, i understand where you're coming from Zadillo BUT some people still find the joke funny and therefore it deserves to be told.
You know what, I found it funny before going into this thread, and now I don't. :rolleyes:
You know what, I found it funny before going into this thread, and now I don't. :rolleyes:
AlligatorBloodz
Apr 8, 01:47 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
Weird... I think there's more involved in this than we can imagine.
One thing that comes to my mind is the possibility they were holding their stock to sell it outside the country, as there's been a high demand and higher value to sell overseas.
Or... a competitor made an arrangement with Be$t Buy to sell a minimum quota a day (well... very odd, but possible) for who knows what reason.
It's a strange concept on BB's part, but if I had a store I would sell all my stock if there's a demand for it. If I hold off, my customers would be driven away to a competitor and I would loose both present and future sales.
When Apple tv2 came out, google paid bby to not sell it so google tv could get a head start
Weird... I think there's more involved in this than we can imagine.
One thing that comes to my mind is the possibility they were holding their stock to sell it outside the country, as there's been a high demand and higher value to sell overseas.
Or... a competitor made an arrangement with Be$t Buy to sell a minimum quota a day (well... very odd, but possible) for who knows what reason.
It's a strange concept on BB's part, but if I had a store I would sell all my stock if there's a demand for it. If I hold off, my customers would be driven away to a competitor and I would loose both present and future sales.
When Apple tv2 came out, google paid bby to not sell it so google tv could get a head start
~Shard~
Jul 14, 03:57 PM
Since apple is part of the Blu Ray consortium wouldn't you think they will use blu ray only?
No, actually. Apple technically supports HD-DVD as well, since are a member of the DVD Forum, which backs HD-DVD. :cool:
No, actually. Apple technically supports HD-DVD as well, since are a member of the DVD Forum, which backs HD-DVD. :cool:
wmmk
Aug 17, 09:49 AM
I don't like Adobe anymore. :mad:
I dunno, I mean, I guess they could use core image, but really. CS3 will probably have PS, Illustrator, ID, FW, Flash, DW, CF, Contribute, Bridge and Acrobat. That's 10 apps. Would you want to develop 20 apps, just so that Mac users could have Core Image? Until competitors come along with Core Image support, don't expect Adobe to have it.
I dunno, I mean, I guess they could use core image, but really. CS3 will probably have PS, Illustrator, ID, FW, Flash, DW, CF, Contribute, Bridge and Acrobat. That's 10 apps. Would you want to develop 20 apps, just so that Mac users could have Core Image? Until competitors come along with Core Image support, don't expect Adobe to have it.
yoak
Apr 6, 06:59 AM
Hmm we have a Blu Ray burner in our duplication bay in 3 years and approx 1500 hrs of Broadcast HD TV it has only been used so editors can take home personal projects to screen them.
Really do not see the need for Blu Ray at all there are so many other better suited formats.
It all depends on what you do for a living I suppose. I can see wedding video makers would want to deliver blu-ray.
I don�t do weddings, but I would at least like to have the option to easily make a Blu-Ray longer than 20min . Now every time we give people a HD format of what we have done, we usually end up with an Apple TV HD file and that�s a very compressed HD file IMHO.
Really do not see the need for Blu Ray at all there are so many other better suited formats.
It all depends on what you do for a living I suppose. I can see wedding video makers would want to deliver blu-ray.
I don�t do weddings, but I would at least like to have the option to easily make a Blu-Ray longer than 20min . Now every time we give people a HD format of what we have done, we usually end up with an Apple TV HD file and that�s a very compressed HD file IMHO.
Taustin Powers
Aug 18, 05:21 AM
That blue PS3 looks pretty awesome!
Too bad I already have a PS3....AND have no interest in GT5. :rolleyes:
Too bad I already have a PS3....AND have no interest in GT5. :rolleyes:
Popeye206
Apr 11, 12:44 PM
If true, this means that Apple has raised the white flag and accepted the defeat that Android has given to them. Not caring about the power of the hardware relative to others in the marketplace is a hallmark of a niche ecosystem.
Welcome to obscurity Apple - Population You
LOL! You kill me! Either you have a tremendous amount of sarcasm or you really lost and don't see the bigger picture.
BTW... do you just want a Android only choice? And for real... packing features in a product does not make it good. There's something to be said for good design, overall usability and product longevity.
What do you think Apple should do? Just whip out models of new iPhones like Moto, HTC and others do as they all compete against themselves at no margin? How long do you think that is going to last before there are casualties?
Don't get me wrong... Android has done well, but I would guess most of the market share they are gaining is not from Apple, but from Blackberry, Microsoft, and Symbian based devices. They are the ones who need to toss in the white flag.
Welcome to obscurity Apple - Population You
LOL! You kill me! Either you have a tremendous amount of sarcasm or you really lost and don't see the bigger picture.
BTW... do you just want a Android only choice? And for real... packing features in a product does not make it good. There's something to be said for good design, overall usability and product longevity.
What do you think Apple should do? Just whip out models of new iPhones like Moto, HTC and others do as they all compete against themselves at no margin? How long do you think that is going to last before there are casualties?
Don't get me wrong... Android has done well, but I would guess most of the market share they are gaining is not from Apple, but from Blackberry, Microsoft, and Symbian based devices. They are the ones who need to toss in the white flag.
iScott428
Mar 22, 02:04 PM
well, if you are going to tell people their posts make them look stupid, perhaps you should consider your own, and read a dictionary before throwing around three syllable words. Your use of the word "eloquent" is incorrect. "eloquent" is not a word that applies to a software operating system.
Eloquent: The quality of artistry and persuasiveness in speech or writing; the practice or art of using language with fluency and aptness; fluent, forcible, elegant or persuasive speaking in public.
As in; "your post was not eloquent".
pwn
Eloquent: The quality of artistry and persuasiveness in speech or writing; the practice or art of using language with fluency and aptness; fluent, forcible, elegant or persuasive speaking in public.
As in; "your post was not eloquent".
pwn
AppleKrate
Sep 19, 10:49 AM
The MacBookPro is still too new a release to have the major type of changes you and others are hoping for. All you're going to get for the next year or two is speed bumps and maybe an upgrade in HD capacity, Graphics card, or Optical Drive (Blue-Ray or HD-DVD)
Basically I see two types of users in here pleading for the newer chips: the average users who just "like the idea of fast" when it really does them no good, and the professionals who are consistantly holding out for something better. The professionals are few and far between.
Please tell me what is majorly new about the current MacBook Pro besides an intel chip :confused: (and the name of course :rolleyes: )
PS how about an amateur professional? If not, maybe a professional amateur?
Basically I see two types of users in here pleading for the newer chips: the average users who just "like the idea of fast" when it really does them no good, and the professionals who are consistantly holding out for something better. The professionals are few and far between.
Please tell me what is majorly new about the current MacBook Pro besides an intel chip :confused: (and the name of course :rolleyes: )
PS how about an amateur professional? If not, maybe a professional amateur?
Cougarcat
Mar 26, 02:10 AM
I don't see Apple moving to any version of ReiserFS or ext#, so I think we are stuck with HFS+ and extensions/improvements of it, until the ZFS situation gets clearer.
Apple abandoned ZFS due to licensing and they're working on their own new file system.
Apple abandoned ZFS due to licensing and they're working on their own new file system.
leekohler
Mar 7, 07:50 AM
I won't rejoin this discussion. But since neko girl may be waiting for my reply, I'll only suggest a source (http://www.tfp.org/images/books/Defending_A_Higher_Law.pdf).
Stopped right after this, Bill:
Justice Scalia further observed in his dissent that the
Supreme Court had taken “sides in the culture war.”7
This Cultural War divides America.
On one side, there is a large sector of the American public
which has long grieved over the abandonment of God’s moral
laws. These are Americans who subscribe to the general
unwritten rule held since our founding that God must be
revered, not offended, and that the source of our greatness is
this reverence, and obedience to a Christian moral code based
on the Ten Commandments and natural law.
For this Ten Commandments America, it is only too obvious
that if America turns its back on God and His law, God will
turn His back on America.
On the other side, there is a liberal America that subscribes
to the philosophical principle of absolute liberty. This leads to
the establishment of an atheistic and anarchic “morality,”
which shows increasing intolerance for what still remains of Christian civilization and the natural order in our culture and
society. Among these precious remnants are the sacred institutions
of marriage and the family.
This is not a theocracy, Bill. How many times do we have to say that? I love how you guys always say we're trying to destroy the family. It's truly amazing and sad, because nothing could be further from the truth.
And if you weren't going to rejoin the discussion, why did you?
Stopped right after this, Bill:
Justice Scalia further observed in his dissent that the
Supreme Court had taken “sides in the culture war.”7
This Cultural War divides America.
On one side, there is a large sector of the American public
which has long grieved over the abandonment of God’s moral
laws. These are Americans who subscribe to the general
unwritten rule held since our founding that God must be
revered, not offended, and that the source of our greatness is
this reverence, and obedience to a Christian moral code based
on the Ten Commandments and natural law.
For this Ten Commandments America, it is only too obvious
that if America turns its back on God and His law, God will
turn His back on America.
On the other side, there is a liberal America that subscribes
to the philosophical principle of absolute liberty. This leads to
the establishment of an atheistic and anarchic “morality,”
which shows increasing intolerance for what still remains of Christian civilization and the natural order in our culture and
society. Among these precious remnants are the sacred institutions
of marriage and the family.
This is not a theocracy, Bill. How many times do we have to say that? I love how you guys always say we're trying to destroy the family. It's truly amazing and sad, because nothing could be further from the truth.
And if you weren't going to rejoin the discussion, why did you?
k995
Apr 20, 01:39 PM
Seriously the iPhone looks like Prada? I'd got to be blind to not notice that.
The google nexus s looks like an iphone? I'd got to be blind to not notice that.
yet the same criteria apple uses can be used on the prada.
But glad to see you find those arguments rubbish.
The only similarity is the rounded corners and even the rounded corners look very different.
What exactly is similar if I may know?
Rows of icons?
Dock at the bottom of screen?
Capacitive screen (prada was the first btw)
Button at the bottom, speaker above camera at the same place ,...
Enough simularities as the current charges of apple against samsung/htc and google .
The google nexus s looks like an iphone? I'd got to be blind to not notice that.
yet the same criteria apple uses can be used on the prada.
But glad to see you find those arguments rubbish.
The only similarity is the rounded corners and even the rounded corners look very different.
What exactly is similar if I may know?
Rows of icons?
Dock at the bottom of screen?
Capacitive screen (prada was the first btw)
Button at the bottom, speaker above camera at the same place ,...
Enough simularities as the current charges of apple against samsung/htc and google .