the royal wedding cupcakes

the royal wedding cupcakes. Celebrate the Royal Wedding
  • Celebrate the Royal Wedding



  • jrhone
    Sep 13, 11:58 AM
    Man, I don't know why people keep saying this. On OS X, *all software utilizes the extra cores*. The only way it wouldn't is if you have less than 8 processes running, which I guarantee you that you don't. (System alone requires 20-30 processes to run.)

    Granted, 8 cores won't make Mail open up faster, but there are still plenty of ways to use those cores, and that's only going to increase as apps are re-written to be more heavily multi-threaded.

    NOT TRUE....The Quad core G5 people are in an uproar because Logic Pro only uses 2 cores on the G5....they updated Logic Pro so it uses 4 cores, but the G5 Quad still only uses 2 cores....there are also photoshop actions that are NOT multi core aware so will only run on one core.....Hopefully 10.5 will make all this irrelevant.





    the royal wedding cupcakes. Royal recap: Wedding night
  • Royal recap: Wedding night



  • twoodcc
    Aug 18, 08:32 PM
    NO WAY!! that would be awesome

    yeah...please share a video if you can





    the royal wedding cupcakes. Royal Wedding Cupcakes
  • Royal Wedding Cupcakes



  • gnasher729
    Aug 17, 10:34 AM
    It doesn't matter what the tests are if you are doing it for comparison. As long as it is done the same on both machines, who cares?

    That is wrong.

    Lets say I wrote some Altivec code to make some function faster on a 400 MHz G4, because on that machine it made a noticable difference. After porting to Intel, with the slowest machine (1.66 GHz Core Solo) being at least six times faster, I didn't bother. If you measure that code, you won't find too much difference in speed. It is the code that matters that matters.





    the royal wedding cupcakes. the royal wedding cupcakes.
  • the royal wedding cupcakes.



  • asiayeah
    Aug 25, 09:21 PM
    When I read a lot of posts where people complain about Apple service, it seems that it is offten from non-US. Is this my imagination or does Apple need to kick the Arse of their international support groups?
    :D

    I am sure the customer support is not good in non-US.

    Unfortunately Apple is not maintainly a high quality of customer support service throughout the world. It seems Apple is neglecting the areas which is growing fast. This will certainly hinder the growth of Mac OS market share.





    the royal wedding cupcakes. Royal wedding: free party
  • Royal wedding: free party



  • Multimedia
    Jul 30, 03:25 PM
    Gee, talk about getting ahead of yourself.

    Core 3 will be out before Vista is. I'm going to call it now.

    Everybody, be my witness, Core 3 (any processor that goes beyond Core 2 because I don't know if they'll call it "Core 3") will be out before a consumer version of Vista is shipped.Here's an example of a post based in fantasy instead of fact. Core 3 is a distinct next generation set of processors based on a 45nm manufacturing process that will not begin before LATE 2008 and reign all of 2009 and 2010. :rolleyes:

    We are your witness. And what we are witnessing is that you have not studied the Intel Roadmap at all.You don't think Vista will be out before the revision to the Core 2 Duo due in Q1 2007 with the Santa Rosa chipset??? I bet Vista will ship by the time the Santa Rosa chipset is ready, especially because MS is suggesting Vista systems use harddrives or Mobos with flash RAM to speed up the boot process.Vista ships early 2007 and way preceeds the Core 3 launch. :rolleyes:

    Core 2 is with us for the next two years, all of 2007 and most of 2008.:)





    the royal wedding cupcakes. Royal Wedding Cupcakes.
  • Royal Wedding Cupcakes.



  • RedTomato
    Jul 20, 11:35 AM
    Definitely need 8 cores me.

    One for running whatever program I'm working on.

    One for running the OS X interface, with Core Image, and bells and whistles and brass knobs and shiny candy.

    One for running Azerus or LimeWire or one of these Bittorrent clients that all seem to be in Java on the mac, and all slow my machine to a crawl..

    One for running Firefox and rendering these java / flash adverts that seem to slow my machine to a crawl.

    One for doing the video rendering that still slows my machine to a crawl for hours and hours.

    One for running the Windows XP virtualisation machine in a window on my desktop that seemed to slow my machine to a crawl last time I tried it.




    the royal wedding cupcakes. royal wedding cupcakes recipes
  • royal wedding cupcakes recipes



  • k995
    Apr 20, 06:08 AM
    Samsung didn't stole it from Apple since they were first with the design, end of story.

    No they werent, what apple describes was already shows and build BEFORE iphone. If any apple basicly admits they copied it themselves and should get sued.





    the royal wedding cupcakes. Royal Wedding Cupcakes
  • Royal Wedding Cupcakes



  • feelthefire
    Aug 7, 08:35 AM
    We already have a Mac Pro line of products, we are also the owners of AppleLocks, and MacMice. The Tiger thing was silly.
    According to a quick search, you have an application in for a service mark in the name of "Mac Pro" (which, by the way, is a service mark belonging to a cosmetics retailer which was granted in 2001) but no trademark on the name mac pro appears in your name. Apple's application states a number of hardware outside of computers, so if you don't already have a trademark to apply to your product line (and I couldn't find one) Apple may be coming after you, and not the other way around.

    I'll happily retract my observation if you can document that you own the TRADEMARK and not an application for a service mark.





    the royal wedding cupcakes. Royal Wedding Cupcakes
  • Royal Wedding Cupcakes



  • afrowq
    Apr 6, 07:52 PM
    This is Bowl *****!!! Come on man....I see these claims with absolutely NO, ZERO proof to back it up...Links? Pics? Video???? IF anything, MORE people have joined the FCP camp...because more people than EVER are buying Macs! Even though Adobe and Avid are cross platform, the affordability of FCP is a real bonus. Everyone I know that uses FCP and has been using FCP has ZERO interest in flipping. Unless you have an extreme PC...Adobe makes no sense (unless you are using the Quadro nVidia cards in a Mac Pro). Sure, the Merc engine increases performance for a few transitions and filters....but rendering is still necessary in MOST cases! Today's speed of the new Macs....MBP, iMacs, Mac Pros...makes the transition from AVC, XDCam, DVCPro, etc to Pro-Res, is actually a very speedy process. Even Canon stepped up last spring with a plug in to increase transcode speeds almost a 1,000% (used to take a minute or two to transform...now done in 10 seconds or less!!!). Once in Pro Res, editing is an absolute breeze...a cake walk, easy as pie:) Especially if you have a recent generation Mac from the last couple of years.

    Now...that said, absolutely, I totally agree improvements can be made. As mentioned many times....media management and better integration between other programs in the suite. However, being a long time FCP user, I'm "used" to the export/share option and don't find it too difficult.

    Motion is the program I would like to see take a big step forward. I am also a heavy Adobe user and have the entire CS5 Production bundle...but NOT for Premier...I solely use PhotoShop and After Effects. AE has been my go to animated title compositor. Motion, while decent...is certainly behind the eight ball in comparison to Avid and AE for these tasks.

    However...most, if not ALL of the pros I know that have been using FCP continue to do so....and there are more motion pictures, BIG ones...this year, edited on FCP than I can remember in years past. Pulling this BS out of your arse is crap. The iToy phenomenon, in my very humble opinion will actually HELP the Pro Apps...as Apple is making more money than EVER!!! This will afford them the expertise they need to develop the pro apps...more so than they've ever been able to do in the past. Keep in mind...for these iToys to be great, they need content....and again, IMHO...I think Apple knows this, and would be happy if every app, movie, song, etc...that resides in iTunes, Mac Store, App Store, etc....was created WITH their soft/hardware as well. Again, just my opinion....Apple won't shoot themselves and the entire creative community in the foot....just when they've becoming the HIGHEST gaining computer sales platform in the world!!! They're selling more computers (MB, MBP, MBair, MP, iMacs) then EVER...and I attribute that somewhat to the excellent user experience so many folks have had with their "iToys". You gotta figure some of those folks will be "Pro" creative guys. And enticed they will be (my Yoda impersonation) by the hardware and software that Apple offers....so if anything, there is Growth in the Pro sector...hardware and software both. NOT a mass exodus. Again...if you truly have proof that "All those Pros have already left Mac"...I'm all ears. If anything, they've made significant gains. Hence the reason AVID has DECREASED their pricing from the astronomical rates it used to cost...and the proprietary rigs you had to have to run the program.

    Sorry for the rant. But what you've stated is absolutely NOT true my friend. Period. And THAT is a fact! If you're deciding whether or not to stick with FCP, cool...fine to make that point. Don't make up BS about other "Pros" and their Post Workflow. Other than the BBC switching to Premier, I can think of NO other real, true professionals that have abandoned FCP because it's lacking. It's still a VERY powerful program. Getting older, several places to shine it up, but it still does the job and does it well.

    J


    I don't need links, videos, etc. to prove my point. I know it's the case, because I've seen it with my own eyes. And frankly I don't care to impress you with pointless links and statistics. I am a professional, and I work with professionals, and several of them have already switched to Premiere. That, my friend, is a fact, and it's all I need.





    the royal wedding cupcakes. Order Royal Wedding Cupcakes
  • Order Royal Wedding Cupcakes



  • studiomusic
    Nov 29, 11:12 AM
    Here's my take.
    I started a small record label with 3 signed artists. 2 have gone nowhere and probably won't. 1 has finished her debut release (look for Kyria -Whispers In The Dark on itunes!) and we are working on a follow up.
    I write/perform the music and she writes lyrics and sings. We split ANY money coming in 45/45/10. 45% for her, 45% for me and 10% for the label.
    We've sold a few hundred songs on itunes and have made a few hundred bucks from it.

    I think that itunes is a boon for the music biz. But, now you have to have good songs and good artists to succeed. People will not buy 1 hit and 9 loads of crap anymore. Make the very best music, and people will buy it.

    I don't want any tax on what might happen with something. What if the State gave you 25 speeding tickets and 40 parking tickets when you bought a new car? We all know that cars are just used for speeding and parking violations.

    NOW, if Universal get's a cut from every ipod sold, we would want a cut too (not as big of a cut, but still). Not to be greedy, but to be fair to my artists.
    This is why it won't work. Too many independents that would want their piece too.

    Oh ya, go buy Kyria's album on itunes! (If I was a big label, I could charge her for the time I took to post that as advertising expenses... broken is the music industry!)





    the royal wedding cupcakes. the royal wedding cupcakes.
  • the royal wedding cupcakes.



  • JGowan
    Aug 6, 07:25 PM
    It won't be a live video stream. In the afternoon Apple will begin streaming a compressed HD recording of it. I guess you'll have to go to a terrestrial café system. Have you complained to your Satellite provider?

    I know it won't be live, but that's ok -- I just hate missing a Steve keynote -- I've watching them for several years now...

    It's the streams I can't get w/the satellite internet. What exactly is a terrestrial café system? (And I haven't complained... this Apple stream thing is the only thing I've not been able to view... everything else works fine so I don't know what the deal is.





    the royal wedding cupcakes. Royal Wedding Cupcakes from
  • Royal Wedding Cupcakes from



  • bamerican
    Apr 25, 03:43 PM
    This guy's website is hilarious.

    The biggest corporations in the States fear us because we tell it like it is. We�ve sued corporations and brands that are household names, like Kraft, Oscar Mayer, and Hormel, and we�ve sued them for nasty misbehavior, like fraud, lying and cheating.

    All too often in corporate cultures a profit motive overrides principled behavior, and corporations find themselves testing just how much they can get away with before a critical mass of people complain. Historically, corporations have targeted relatively small extra fees, or unclear charges that they can levy on many or all of their customers. Their calculation is something like: �if we can make $5 extra on each customer, then after a million transactions, we�ve made $5 million extra.� The problem arises when those charges are deceptive or otherwise unfair to customers.

    Corporations rely on the small individual harm to each customer serve as a deterrent. Such small amounts are sometimes not even worth the time it would take to call the company to complain. Those who do call to fight the unfair charge will often obtain the result they wanted: the corporation will correct that single customer�s account, maybe refunding the $5. But it will not correct any else�s account. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and quiets down, while the corporation retains the other $4,999,995 it effectively ripped-off from its customers.

    Class actions can be an effective way to force corporations to repay the entire $5 million, in our example, by allowing one of the squeaky wheels to represent everyone who got ripped-off by the company�s same unethical practice. The people who got ripped-off are �class members,� represented by the squeaky wheel, who is the �class representative.�

    At the Mayer Law Group, we like squeaky wheels. We stand for what�s right and demand that companies behave ethically. If you are aware of corporate misbehavior � if you�re a squeaky wheel � then we�d like to hear from you. Shoot us a quick email or give us a call.

    Squeaky wheels who have served as class representatives have often been awarded payment for their service. It is not uncommon for a class representative to receive $10,000, but it depends entirely on the court because only a court can make such an award.

    Whether a corporation is liable for millions of $ or billions of �, the Mayer Law Group has the know-how to make them pay.

    http://www.mayerlawgroup.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=3





    the royal wedding cupcakes. royal wedding cupcakes images.
  • royal wedding cupcakes images.



  • MacRumorUser
    Nov 26, 05:42 PM
    Hired it. Meh. It's not going to win any new audience. Car damage is still a joke and the idea of a racing simulation that still feels like I'm driving a bumper car for the most part just leaves me cold. I won't be buying and I'm glad I hired.





    the royal wedding cupcakes. royal wedding cupcakes ideas.
  • royal wedding cupcakes ideas.



  • Megadooomer
    Mar 22, 01:18 PM
    Except the biggest spec is missing from it: compatible with the Apple App Store. Sorry, specs are not the end all and be all of device popularity. What good are specs if few developers write the device?

    Absolutely. Have you read the developers comments on the SDK? I downloaded it to try and compile a simple game, which I had already written in Flash/AiR. It runs AiR/Flash, so simple right? NO! You have to jump through a million hoops, (Flash>Flex (which just got switched toFlash-Builder with the new CS5 Workflow, SDK compiler, install VMWare, re-install simulator...)

    My first game in iOS was prototyped in an evening, 3-5 hours max. I spent 3 WEEKS trying to get things straight in the Playbook SDK and the thing still won't run right.

    This is rediculous. Apple provided a sleek, fun SDK to use. Blackberry relied on Adobe, a 3rd party notoriously terrible at providing a simple, consistent user experience. Flash still barely runs on most platforms.The processes are esoteric and convoluted. Android still has far fewer good, independently developed games, and it already runs on millions of devices for developers to cater to. The Playbook will fall flat entering the market at this point and in this way. It will run almost nothing except perhaps for enterprise/data-base Flex applications, which the IPad can already run fine, in addition to running a million other Apps, including Ereading/News updates. Developers will forget about it, consumers will lose interest, and it will be forgotten before the bugs are even ironed out. RIP Playbook, nice gimmick with the free game.

    PS what is with this old "walled garden" argument? Can you connect a camera, or a midi keyboard or a guitar to your Android tablet? Can it play a version of Doom written by Carmack? Can it consistently read and annotate any PDF? The "walled garden" thing is a myth. You can jailbreak and load anything, the only difference is you *may* void the warranty, which is only a problem because AppleCare is generally so awesome compared to other companies that people are afraid of endangering it.





    the royal wedding cupcakes. royal wedding cupcakes recipes
  • royal wedding cupcakes recipes



  • netdog
    Aug 11, 02:42 PM
    MS Windows has about 95% of the world market...doesn't mean the technology is better.:)

    A phone that works in most of the world is better for many of us. Who wants a phone that won't work in Europe for instance? Last I checked, my Mac works here just fine.





    the royal wedding cupcakes. the royal wedding cupcakes.
  • the royal wedding cupcakes.



  • three
    Nov 12, 03:07 PM
    Here's the official release notice from Sony.

    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/12/gran-turismo-5-release-date-confirmed-for-november-24th-2010/

    as well as the car list and the track list.

    http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt5/carlist_en.html
    http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt5/courselist_en.html

    I'm disappointed the Bugatti Veyron is standard only, and not surprised there's no Porsches, since I believe the license to use Porsches are exclusive to EA, no other game from any company really has them. But, I am hoping that GT5 will be released on the 24th, for real this time, instead of being pushed back for the 40,000,001st time.

    Today was a great day for Gran Turismo news. The Mazda 3 (Axela) I drive in real life is on the game, and the tracks look nice.





    the royal wedding cupcakes. watched the Royal Wedding.
  • watched the Royal Wedding.



  • Full of Win
    Mar 22, 03:31 PM
    Not enough RAM to do what exactly?

    To store data temporally. That is what RAM does.





    the royal wedding cupcakes. Royal Wedding
  • Royal Wedding



  • decimortis
    Apr 6, 10:38 AM
    I loves me my 11.6 ultimate and it hasn't let me down yet in the power department for my work with CS5, but of course, updated more faster, more shiny MBA's are always welcome. Can't say I'll upgrade but nice to see them progressing.

    D.





    the royal wedding cupcakes. royal wedding cupcakes images.
  • royal wedding cupcakes images.



  • CorvusCamenarum
    Feb 28, 05:14 PM
    According to the school's website (http://www.chc.edu/News/2011/February/statement_regarding_jim_st_george/), he was not fired as the OP's article suggests. Rather, his contract was not renewed. AFAIK, adjunct instructors do not enjoy the same privileges as tenured professors. If his contract ran out and was simply not renewed, then that's that, unless it can be argued that the college has some legal obligation to offer a new contract.





    newtonrj
    Mar 31, 03:55 PM
    It has been said here before but is worth repeating - How does Moto, HTC and all the others differentiate? Obviously, they can't or if they can, it will cost them and the change will be slight.

    If you are a carrier, what do you think of your portfolio now? Why so many Androids - Aren't they all the same now?

    Who wins - Android wins because of uniformed updates and backward compatibility with screens, memory and installs of apps.

    Who loses - Any of say 2 massive cell-phone countries that have +1B potential handset users. Andy Rubin knows this and is putting the brakes on in order to control the OS.





    Stella
    Aug 6, 08:24 AM
    Thats great news. I was wondering if a 6 week old machine was going to be left in the dust by the new chips. Santa Rosa april 2007?

    Another sad person who is worried about their machines not being top of the line :-\

    Its a computer, you should expect your machine to be superceded by another model in a matter of weeks / months.

    Apple are a business and not to make you feel, somehow, superior due to your computer.





    Eidorian
    Jul 20, 09:43 AM
    There are serious electrical and physical problems with jacking up clock speeds much further than they are now. Intel managed to push their chips to 3.8GHz, but the power consumed was tremendous.Fixed





    dornoforpyros
    Aug 27, 08:41 PM
    you know what? I like the g5 powerbook next tuesday joke enough that I think MR should print it on a t-shirt! :)





    studiomusic
    Nov 29, 12:08 PM
    Does she appear on emusic?

    Why yes, she does!
    Got a few people from the SLC here I see...