zoozx
Sep 7, 08:12 AM
Nice idea, lets give communism another shot!
A good idea, just poorly executed.
Actually makes more sense than the system we have now.
A good idea, just poorly executed.
Actually makes more sense than the system we have now.
kilidar
Mar 28, 03:07 AM
Playing that game with the HDMI dongle thingy hanging off an iPad looks, um, not ideal. Now, if it could stream it using AirPlay.
its got to run on the apple tv, airplay has lag, the game runs on the atv and the ios devices are controllers. ATV3?
its got to run on the apple tv, airplay has lag, the game runs on the atv and the ios devices are controllers. ATV3?
lkjoseph
Apr 2, 10:53 PM
I think what you don't realize is that for people who love the iPad either:
a) They don't need something more powerful, or
b) They have other devices (laptops, pcs) that do what other things they want to do.
I fit in camp B. I use my iPad for web surfing, reading, sharing pictures, while listening to Pandora. Could I use my laptop for this? Sure I could - Yes. But I enjoy using my iPad for these types of tasks. It's more comfortable using for these tasks, and more enjoyable.
Think about this for a second. Why do you have a toaster? Can't you toast bread in your oven by putting it on broil? A toaster has so few features compared to an oven. What's the use of a toaster? This points out the reasons for an iPad. My 'toaster' isn't my only cooking device in my house, but it complements my stove, just like my iPad complements my laptop.
I signed up to post to MacRumors just now so I could post and let you know your analogy is perfect. Excellent post.
a) They don't need something more powerful, or
b) They have other devices (laptops, pcs) that do what other things they want to do.
I fit in camp B. I use my iPad for web surfing, reading, sharing pictures, while listening to Pandora. Could I use my laptop for this? Sure I could - Yes. But I enjoy using my iPad for these types of tasks. It's more comfortable using for these tasks, and more enjoyable.
Think about this for a second. Why do you have a toaster? Can't you toast bread in your oven by putting it on broil? A toaster has so few features compared to an oven. What's the use of a toaster? This points out the reasons for an iPad. My 'toaster' isn't my only cooking device in my house, but it complements my stove, just like my iPad complements my laptop.
I signed up to post to MacRumors just now so I could post and let you know your analogy is perfect. Excellent post.
xPismo
Oct 24, 01:04 AM
At this rate the PowerBook G5 will be here before the Merom.
Evil. Just plain evil. ;) :D
Evil. Just plain evil. ;) :D
Demoman
Jul 20, 01:09 AM
When the "real" machines are out, Vista will be out as well. Unless Leopard has revolutionary improvements, the difference between Windows and OSX+iLife would be much less than that it is today. I would still appreciate the UNIX under the hood, but I doubt most consumers care. If Mac sales or market share starts to come down a bit due to fewer switchers, the share price could easily crash.
You are probably nursing those MS shares you bought at $90, hoping for a better day. It is not coming anytime soon sorry to say. Buying is about momentum. Apple has it and MS does not. Vista already has a great deal of bad press and it has not even hit the street. eWeek and other journals are already writing about Vista security vulnerabilities. That is not a good sign. Vista features and functionality has been scaled back numerous times. That too is not a good sign.
Who would have imagined that the common view. amongst the informed computer community, was MS was trying desperately to draw close to even-up with Apple? About the time MS established Windows 2000, they were at the top of the computer world in just about every SW market there was.
They finally had a very stable desktop, server platform, mail server, yellow pages, browser, office suite, SQL engine, and so on. But once they reached this pinnacle, two things happened (or at least two I want to talk about). One, they became way too greedy with their predatory licensing. It just went through the roof. If you have never purchased SW at the enterprise level, you do not understand how expensive this has become. SW can cost (at least) as much HW at the enterprise level.
The second thing that happened at MS is best described in a quote "When Alexander looked at his empire, he wept for there was nothing more to conquer." Instead of continuing on the path of R&D, they tried to find "new worlds to conquer", secure in the knowledge they had indeed subdued all competitors who could challenge them. Sun had tried to mount a charge in the early-mid 90's. Fortunately for MS, Sun's CEO lacked the wherewithal to do more than file lawsuits. Linux suffers from the exact problems that have plagued the Unix community; they cannot unify because they have no leadership.
Apple has been the sleeping giant. They have made their mistakes, taken their lumps and paid their dues. After 20 years, I finally bought a Mac. That was mainly because my boss gave me ~ $15K to buy any personal technology I wanted (bonus type of deal). I was learning video production/editing and using the cheap PC stuff. To make a long story short, I can now boast the purchase of:

Justin Bieber getting shot

arm around Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber on CSI

comment How to death csi and killed on star justin bieber Feb end on scenes Justin+ieber+shot+csi Acting feb want to please Taught in point feb ofwatch

Justin Bieber will return to

Justin Bieber Killed on CSI

Justin Bieber finished off his

being shot full himself insep

VIDEO: Justin Bieber Got Shot

GALLERY: JUSTIN BIEBER BRINGS

#Videos justin bieber

Justin Bieber Shot Dead on CSI

Welp, it turns out that Bieber

Justin Bieber#39;s Get Shot And
You are probably nursing those MS shares you bought at $90, hoping for a better day. It is not coming anytime soon sorry to say. Buying is about momentum. Apple has it and MS does not. Vista already has a great deal of bad press and it has not even hit the street. eWeek and other journals are already writing about Vista security vulnerabilities. That is not a good sign. Vista features and functionality has been scaled back numerous times. That too is not a good sign.
Who would have imagined that the common view. amongst the informed computer community, was MS was trying desperately to draw close to even-up with Apple? About the time MS established Windows 2000, they were at the top of the computer world in just about every SW market there was.
They finally had a very stable desktop, server platform, mail server, yellow pages, browser, office suite, SQL engine, and so on. But once they reached this pinnacle, two things happened (or at least two I want to talk about). One, they became way too greedy with their predatory licensing. It just went through the roof. If you have never purchased SW at the enterprise level, you do not understand how expensive this has become. SW can cost (at least) as much HW at the enterprise level.
The second thing that happened at MS is best described in a quote "When Alexander looked at his empire, he wept for there was nothing more to conquer." Instead of continuing on the path of R&D, they tried to find "new worlds to conquer", secure in the knowledge they had indeed subdued all competitors who could challenge them. Sun had tried to mount a charge in the early-mid 90's. Fortunately for MS, Sun's CEO lacked the wherewithal to do more than file lawsuits. Linux suffers from the exact problems that have plagued the Unix community; they cannot unify because they have no leadership.
Apple has been the sleeping giant. They have made their mistakes, taken their lumps and paid their dues. After 20 years, I finally bought a Mac. That was mainly because my boss gave me ~ $15K to buy any personal technology I wanted (bonus type of deal). I was learning video production/editing and using the cheap PC stuff. To make a long story short, I can now boast the purchase of:
MicroByte
Sep 14, 12:21 PM
I went to BB yesterday and I saw the Grip Vue, but I was disappointed that they only have sharp colors. What happened to the colors from the 2G/3G??
No kidding! You would have thourhg a basic color would have been included in the line up!
I'm tempted by the green now, it would definitely be easier for me to find around the house when I misplace it!
No kidding! You would have thourhg a basic color would have been included in the line up!
I'm tempted by the green now, it would definitely be easier for me to find around the house when I misplace it!
AppleCode
Nov 26, 07:14 AM
Holly crap i have the same thing! You have ethe Blackberry 3G?
Ya I do :D Also just bought http://iweb.cooking.com/images/products/enlarge/313920e.jpg
Ya I do :D Also just bought http://iweb.cooking.com/images/products/enlarge/313920e.jpg
viccles
Aug 24, 10:29 PM
People and their meroms :rolleyes: Anyone would think the messiah is coming :eek:

Porco
Sep 6, 09:04 AM
What do you mean by "G5"??? PowerPC is long gone from Macs.
I think he's [quite obviously] talking about the iMac G5 exterior (as opposed to the 'sunflower' iMac G4, or the original G3-based CRT iMac), the form factor, which didn't really change much from PPC to intel. He even mentioned the intel chip in his post, I think no small amount of pedantry is involved in the "???"s :)
I think he's [quite obviously] talking about the iMac G5 exterior (as opposed to the 'sunflower' iMac G4, or the original G3-based CRT iMac), the form factor, which didn't really change much from PPC to intel. He even mentioned the intel chip in his post, I think no small amount of pedantry is involved in the "???"s :)
bradc
Aug 6, 10:24 PM
Yeah I just checked MacRumors' stats....77mbits/second:eek: Talk about a bandwidth bill $!$! Then again, tink of all the money MacRumors will make off of ad impressions!:eek:
Killyp
Aug 7, 08:04 AM
Eh, but you still have to find the stuff and set it up. In XPSP2 all security related settings are in one place, its nice. And the OS keeps annoying the hell out of you if you dont turn the firewall on.....
OOH, and even better....this one I like:
XP SP2, with firewall enabled, will tell you when a application is attempting to make a network connection, ask for authorization (allow once, allow always, or never), and adjust your firewall settings. If you are playing a game, no more swearing, the OS tells you whats wrong and asks if you trust the application. Good for the clueless people (or, good for those damn games that dont document their TCP/UDP ports)
I just find that the Windows Firewall gets in the way. Incredibly irritating after a while...
The OS X firewall is perfect IMHO. I've never had problems with it blocking apps I don't want it to block...
OOH, and even better....this one I like:
XP SP2, with firewall enabled, will tell you when a application is attempting to make a network connection, ask for authorization (allow once, allow always, or never), and adjust your firewall settings. If you are playing a game, no more swearing, the OS tells you whats wrong and asks if you trust the application. Good for the clueless people (or, good for those damn games that dont document their TCP/UDP ports)
I just find that the Windows Firewall gets in the way. Incredibly irritating after a while...
The OS X firewall is perfect IMHO. I've never had problems with it blocking apps I don't want it to block...
Demon Hunter
Nov 15, 03:31 PM
I guess this is fairly boring news for gamers, if Quake is any indication...
Jaster
Apr 3, 10:15 AM
http://cl.ly/3W1u1A3X0K0K1w0q3N2J/ScrollBar.png
The scrollbar stays a constant black regardless of content. It's a black semi-transparent overlay, and ontop of black backgrounds, you can just barely make out the hint of its outline (since it isn't quite solid black.)
Ah thanks.
Hopefully Apple implements some code into the OS/Webkit that looks up what colour the background is and colours the scrollbar light/dark accordingly.
The scrollbar stays a constant black regardless of content. It's a black semi-transparent overlay, and ontop of black backgrounds, you can just barely make out the hint of its outline (since it isn't quite solid black.)
Ah thanks.
Hopefully Apple implements some code into the OS/Webkit that looks up what colour the background is and colours the scrollbar light/dark accordingly.
NebulaClash
Sep 14, 12:03 PM
I think you are a minority of one on this interpretation.
Then you should read the entire thread and see that you are wrong in this thought.
Then you should read the entire thread and see that you are wrong in this thought.
FireStar
Oct 2, 10:40 AM
I intended to wait for the belkin's clear hard case to come out...
Griffin has a clear polycarbonate case. Black.... Sides, and clear back. Durability of a case, customizable like a skin. Griffin Reveal.
Griffin has a clear polycarbonate case. Black.... Sides, and clear back. Durability of a case, customizable like a skin. Griffin Reveal.
MistaBungle
Jan 11, 05:16 PM
There's something in the air...
planes shipping iPhones to Canada?
planes shipping iPhones to Canada?
PBF
Apr 7, 04:57 AM
Very minor one: instead of the spinning wheel, now it actually says "Updating..." when, um, updating. :D
http://cl.ly/5pct/img.png
http://cl.ly/5pct/img.png
benjayman2
Feb 27, 10:26 PM
^^^^^
@vader
SO what is carrying all your lovely gear? :)
@vader
SO what is carrying all your lovely gear? :)
DesignDJ
Oct 23, 08:50 AM
This news just in....
"My infant son began to cry when I placed the MacBook Pro in my shopping cart this morning, this is a clear indication that the MBP could be updated as soon as this week. More news to follow..."
"My infant son began to cry when I placed the MacBook Pro in my shopping cart this morning, this is a clear indication that the MBP could be updated as soon as this week. More news to follow..."
mozmac
Jul 18, 02:56 PM
The more I think about this, the more I like it. Apple has a lot of potential here. If they offered a rent and rent to own service, that would be optimal.
Mr Ikasu
Jan 7, 06:45 PM
Lunja, people actually use media buttons? :eek: I wonder, do other people here want this? I specifically don't want it. I like the way my wireless kb looks now.
Definitely agreed here. My Apple KB is great in that it doesn't take up much space compared to the bloated offering from the likes of Mircrosoft and Logitech.
Ah well not long to wait now. What I like is that unlike previous years there is very little indication of what we will actually see. Loads of rumours but nothing very solid apart from iTV which is a given.
Definitely agreed here. My Apple KB is great in that it doesn't take up much space compared to the bloated offering from the likes of Mircrosoft and Logitech.
Ah well not long to wait now. What I like is that unlike previous years there is very little indication of what we will actually see. Loads of rumours but nothing very solid apart from iTV which is a given.
Benguitar
Nov 25, 09:37 PM
Couldn't you find a smaller Pelican case? I mean that's why everyone is up in your face :p
You couldn't find a slower Ferrari? :p
It was the smallest water/crush proof case they made.
They had smaller Pelicans that are the yellow/clear or blue/clear that are actually the size of sunglasses cases.
But, I just didn't want my glasses rattling around in a plastic case that will most likely scratch the lenses.
You couldn't find a slower Ferrari? :p
It was the smallest water/crush proof case they made.
They had smaller Pelicans that are the yellow/clear or blue/clear that are actually the size of sunglasses cases.
But, I just didn't want my glasses rattling around in a plastic case that will most likely scratch the lenses.
GeeYouEye
Jan 2, 06:15 PM
Guaranteed, or almost guaranteed:
iWork 07
iLife 07
iTV
Very likely:
A new feature or two in Leopard, possibly with a release month
A new Jam Pack or 2
More iPod games
Likely:
Speed bump to one or more Mac lines
Demo of Photoshop CS 3
Update to some pro software app (but not all)
Less likely:
Discontinuation of Appleworks (only if iWork '07 includes a spreadsheet)
release date for Leopard
Major upgrade to Mac mini (video card upgrade) or MacBook Pro
New Displays
iPhone
Touch-screen video iPod
Unlikely:
New iMac form factor
Major upgrade to any line other than mini or MBP
New consumer software other than a spreadsheet addition to iWork
Upgrade to Logic, Filemaker, Shake, or Aperture
Immediate release of Leopard
New iPod form factor (iPod Micro, for example)
802.11n
"Yeah, no.":
New Pro App
New iPod Hi-Fi
xMac or any other new Mac line
Any new Apple peripherals (ie printer, scanner, camera, speakers.)
PCI(e) slots in anything but the Mac Pro :(
Apple switches back to PPC.
New kernel in Leopard
There, did I miss anything?
iWork 07
iLife 07
iTV
Very likely:
A new feature or two in Leopard, possibly with a release month
A new Jam Pack or 2
More iPod games
Likely:
Speed bump to one or more Mac lines
Demo of Photoshop CS 3
Update to some pro software app (but not all)
Less likely:
Discontinuation of Appleworks (only if iWork '07 includes a spreadsheet)
release date for Leopard
Major upgrade to Mac mini (video card upgrade) or MacBook Pro
New Displays
iPhone
Touch-screen video iPod
Unlikely:
New iMac form factor
Major upgrade to any line other than mini or MBP
New consumer software other than a spreadsheet addition to iWork
Upgrade to Logic, Filemaker, Shake, or Aperture
Immediate release of Leopard
New iPod form factor (iPod Micro, for example)
802.11n
"Yeah, no.":
New Pro App
New iPod Hi-Fi
xMac or any other new Mac line
Any new Apple peripherals (ie printer, scanner, camera, speakers.)
PCI(e) slots in anything but the Mac Pro :(
Apple switches back to PPC.
New kernel in Leopard
There, did I miss anything?
Mal
Mar 24, 01:43 PM
Apple writes all the drivers for the cards. It supports, so that will probably never happen.
Huh? That doesn't make any sense. If Apple's writing drivers for these cards, then doesn't that make the chances of them being supported 100%? Obviously it doesn't indicate that retail (PC) versions would be supported, but I can't make any sense out of your comment.
jW
Huh? That doesn't make any sense. If Apple's writing drivers for these cards, then doesn't that make the chances of them being supported 100%? Obviously it doesn't indicate that retail (PC) versions would be supported, but I can't make any sense out of your comment.
jW