NJRonbo
Jun 18, 07:55 PM
Would also like confirmation on this from someone
that works for Radio Shack. Here's why....
If you did not get a PIN it's hard to even pick a store
to try and buy a phone from on launch day.
Most stores were unable to even preorder one phone
for their customers. I called 4 stores in my area and
only one of them was able to generate a single pin.
The store manager told us that the way Radio Shack
determines how many phones they will get is by how
many 3GS phones they sold over the year.
There are so many factors that play with each
individual store not to mention the fact that I don't
think Radio Shack has a huge supply of phones coming
to them in the first place.
that works for Radio Shack. Here's why....
If you did not get a PIN it's hard to even pick a store
to try and buy a phone from on launch day.
Most stores were unable to even preorder one phone
for their customers. I called 4 stores in my area and
only one of them was able to generate a single pin.
The store manager told us that the way Radio Shack
determines how many phones they will get is by how
many 3GS phones they sold over the year.
There are so many factors that play with each
individual store not to mention the fact that I don't
think Radio Shack has a huge supply of phones coming
to them in the first place.
wolfie37
Apr 25, 01:48 PM
I haven't read this lawsuit, so I don't know if they're claiming things that aren't true... but I really do not like the fact that the iPhone has a breadcrumbs database of my travels for the last 3 years!
This type of thing should not happen without users' knowledge... and it was. Or else this file would not be news!
It isn't news, it has been discussed before, its isn't without the user's knowledge you are asked about location services. Also the database is on your iPhone, not being given to or sent to anyone, so it's your information, you know where you have been so it isn't "news".
Your travels are also tracked by mobile phones companies as your phone shakes hands with their masts on your travels, this happens to all phones not just smart phones. Why aren't these people sueing them?? Oh that's right, doesn't give you as much self-publicity.
This type of thing should not happen without users' knowledge... and it was. Or else this file would not be news!
It isn't news, it has been discussed before, its isn't without the user's knowledge you are asked about location services. Also the database is on your iPhone, not being given to or sent to anyone, so it's your information, you know where you have been so it isn't "news".
Your travels are also tracked by mobile phones companies as your phone shakes hands with their masts on your travels, this happens to all phones not just smart phones. Why aren't these people sueing them?? Oh that's right, doesn't give you as much self-publicity.
uv23
Jul 31, 12:07 PM
Apple will never ship a desktop machine so close in size to the mini. Impractical and too much market confusion. I'm expecting a ~25% decrease in size of the current G5 tower, making it more mid-tower sized. This would still be an improvement to the current behemoths.
IceMacMac
Apr 10, 08:55 PM
...and I hate having to render. I hate the various pixel aspect ratios and formats there are, including PAL and NTSC....
Steve Jobs reality distortion field must be supercharged these days, where with a new release of FCP Apple might instantly re-write broadcasting standards and give millions of people new TVs that don't require NTSC and PAL.
You aren't expecting much at all! :D
Steve Jobs reality distortion field must be supercharged these days, where with a new release of FCP Apple might instantly re-write broadcasting standards and give millions of people new TVs that don't require NTSC and PAL.
You aren't expecting much at all! :D
nwcs
Mar 22, 01:00 PM
Blackberry playbook = The IPad 2 killer - you heard it here first.
Look at the specs, their greater or equal to the iPad 2 with the exception of battery life.
For most people the specs don't mean squat. It's what you can do with it that matters to people. That and the name cache and in both cases rim is behind the curve. I don't think there will be an iPad killer in the conventional sense but we will see a lot of growth in android tablets and those two platforms will eventually dominate. And definitely don't discount the 1 year early mover advantage Apple has. They've reached a penetration level in industry that will really help.
Look at the specs, their greater or equal to the iPad 2 with the exception of battery life.
For most people the specs don't mean squat. It's what you can do with it that matters to people. That and the name cache and in both cases rim is behind the curve. I don't think there will be an iPad killer in the conventional sense but we will see a lot of growth in android tablets and those two platforms will eventually dominate. And definitely don't discount the 1 year early mover advantage Apple has. They've reached a penetration level in industry that will really help.
Dunepilot
Aug 11, 10:48 AM
I'm desperately in need of something to replace a buggered Palm Vx and a Sony Ericsson k750i. I've been looking at the Treo, but they're not easy to come by for Vodafone contract, if at all.
However, I can't see an Apple phone having much PDA functionality, no more than the iPod probably. It'll do something else, like VOIP, to differentiate itself, and have the smallest number of keys possible. Probably the number keys plus one or max two additional buttons.
I hope they do it, actually.
However, I can't see an Apple phone having much PDA functionality, no more than the iPod probably. It'll do something else, like VOIP, to differentiate itself, and have the smallest number of keys possible. Probably the number keys plus one or max two additional buttons.
I hope they do it, actually.
whatever
Jul 20, 12:10 PM
Hmm, would make for an awesome rev b. MacPro on or around MWSF (probably "around" as MWSF is really a big consumer event).
Bring on the serious grunt!!
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Kentsfield will not be appearing in any of the Pro machines for some time.
Apple will be using them exclusively in the Xserves, at for the most part of 2007. This will finally give Apple another way to distinguish their server line from their pro line.
Bring on the serious grunt!!
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Kentsfield will not be appearing in any of the Pro machines for some time.
Apple will be using them exclusively in the Xserves, at for the most part of 2007. This will finally give Apple another way to distinguish their server line from their pro line.
ryanx27
Aug 27, 10:37 AM
The 1.83 & 2.00GHz for iMacs (if they use merom) and MacBooks and the 2.16 and 2.33 for the 15 & 17 MBPs respectively. Its that simple.
Yeah, I agree. I don't see MacBooks breaking 2.00, but I can def. see a base MBP with a 2.13 and a premium MBP with a 2.33 ... (in fact, I can see it on my desk in 3 weeks :D )
So obviously Merom is coming to the MBP -- what I really want to know is if it will get a better video card and maybe some neat little form factor improvements....:rolleyes:
Yeah, I agree. I don't see MacBooks breaking 2.00, but I can def. see a base MBP with a 2.13 and a premium MBP with a 2.33 ... (in fact, I can see it on my desk in 3 weeks :D )
So obviously Merom is coming to the MBP -- what I really want to know is if it will get a better video card and maybe some neat little form factor improvements....:rolleyes:
artistry
Nov 29, 03:06 AM
I can't see this standing up in the EU - it would be knocked down at first attempt in the European Court I'm sure.
Whatever, if someone with no Universal Music on their iPod wants to I bet they'd be able to cause a stink by asking for the 'tax' back.
I'm surprised no one's sued Universal for libel since the 'all iPod owners are thieves' thing.
Whatever, if someone with no Universal Music on their iPod wants to I bet they'd be able to cause a stink by asking for the 'tax' back.
I'm surprised no one's sued Universal for libel since the 'all iPod owners are thieves' thing.
Moyank24
Apr 27, 12:02 PM
I'm not a birther. But I would love to know why the certificate looks new when the president is nearly 50. Now I'm about five months older than he, my original birth certificate has faded. The certificate he produced clearly isn't the original. Or if it is the original, it's astoundingly well-preserved.
He hasn't been carrying this around for 50 years. Did you actually read the article?
The White House also released a letter from the president on April 22 requesting two certified copies of his original certificate of live birth. Also released was a letter from Loretta Fuddy, Hawaii's director of health, approving the request.
The president's personal counsel, Judith Corley, traveled to Hawaii to pick up the documents and carried them back to Washington on a plane. The documents arrived at the White House around 5 p.m. Tuesday.
He hasn't been carrying this around for 50 years. Did you actually read the article?
The White House also released a letter from the president on April 22 requesting two certified copies of his original certificate of live birth. Also released was a letter from Loretta Fuddy, Hawaii's director of health, approving the request.
The president's personal counsel, Judith Corley, traveled to Hawaii to pick up the documents and carried them back to Washington on a plane. The documents arrived at the White House around 5 p.m. Tuesday.
puckhead193
Aug 26, 09:57 PM
god i hope new iMacs are coming out on tues. My butt will be at an apple store placing the order in 5 seconds... well not literally i'll wait till the weekend, but still.... i want an iMac...the mac pro is way to big for my college dorm (i think)
BaldiMac
Apr 6, 02:10 PM
These numbers would imply that there are only 50 million Android devices with access to the Android Market (0.2% of 50 million is 100,000). That's a surprisingly low figure to me considering they are selling over 30 million devices per quarter.
Is this fragmentation or something else?
Is this fragmentation or something else?
archer75
Apr 5, 05:05 PM
Not again..
NAB is for broadcast professionals - its doubtful there will be computer releases here.
They don't have to announce the new hardware there. It's very unlikely they would have an event to announce the hardware upgrade. But there's no reason a refresh can't take place that day.
There are many reports of supplies of imacs and minis drying up as of a week ago so a refresh is certainly imminent.
NAB is for broadcast professionals - its doubtful there will be computer releases here.
They don't have to announce the new hardware there. It's very unlikely they would have an event to announce the hardware upgrade. But there's no reason a refresh can't take place that day.
There are many reports of supplies of imacs and minis drying up as of a week ago so a refresh is certainly imminent.
CaoCao
Mar 1, 04:37 PM
No, not really. Why is this relevant?
They are not permitted to marry their chosen partner, so no, this is again complete bollocks.
Retrogress is a verb, and they were not retrograde, on the contrary they were very progressive in many respects.
In short, your cogency is significantly inferior to Lee's.
To argue a point one have a definition of the point. On what point of the definition do you dissent?
The legal definition of marriage according to the government of the United States of America "...'marriage' means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife..."
Thank you for point out an error in my sentence structure.
They are not permitted to marry their chosen partner, so no, this is again complete bollocks.
Retrogress is a verb, and they were not retrograde, on the contrary they were very progressive in many respects.
In short, your cogency is significantly inferior to Lee's.
To argue a point one have a definition of the point. On what point of the definition do you dissent?
The legal definition of marriage according to the government of the United States of America "...'marriage' means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife..."
Thank you for point out an error in my sentence structure.
twoodcc
Aug 7, 12:56 PM
i am looking forward to this game. i will be getting the US version though. i haven't pre-ordered or anything, but i still might
kdarling
Apr 19, 07:05 PM
That is not the case. The user can know they are buying a product that is a rip off of another and it is still wrong.
A primary test is if a casual buyer would mistakenly believe both products came from the same source. If they know it's a copy, no problem.
After reading some of the lawsuit, I had to post this...
Showing a bookshelf picture is nothing new. Heck, there was a bookshelf homescreen theme for old Windows Mobile phones.
For that matter, people say that Apple ripped off their bookshelf from Delicious Library. Which itself took it from who knows where.
A primary test is if a casual buyer would mistakenly believe both products came from the same source. If they know it's a copy, no problem.
After reading some of the lawsuit, I had to post this...
Showing a bookshelf picture is nothing new. Heck, there was a bookshelf homescreen theme for old Windows Mobile phones.
For that matter, people say that Apple ripped off their bookshelf from Delicious Library. Which itself took it from who knows where.
Nuck81
Sep 1, 08:45 AM
I'm going to use my $20 credit from Metroid to pre order this...
BC2009
Apr 6, 03:28 PM
Nice...I'm glad to have a more rare piece of hardware. I love mine and have no issues, it'll only get better over time.Reminds me of the days of the RAZR, that's what the iPhone and iPad have become.
Honda sells a TON more cars than BMW by a huge factor...I'd rather drive a BMW, I guess you're all happy with the Hondas :)
I think its funny that when Google gains the edge in the smartphone marketshare battle the fandroids declare victory, but somehow the Xoom is the "BMW" of tablets when its marketshare sucks.
Xoom is NOT a terrible product, but to be called the BMW of tablets would require that it is better than the iPad. This is more like Hondas and Hyundais. Android tablets are currently the Hyundais -- trying to copy the Hondas as closely as possible (Hyundai's name is close to Honda and so is there logo, and so are most of their car styles). However, what you find is that the Hyundai while it may be priced comparably and has comparable technical specifications that it is really not built as well.
However, on the smartphone side, your analogy does in fact hold very well. Android is on high-end phones as well as the cheap freebies the carriers are giving away. There are variants of Android being used on devices that Google has no control over and behave in a far more inferior manner than regular Android phones, but are counted among the Android numbers. Android is the Chevrolet of the smartphone market (selling everything from Corvettes to Aveos) while Apple's sells only to the premier customers. People don't buy iPhone because they could not get an Android phone, but they do buy an Android phone because they could not get an iPhone for the price they wanted it. iPhone is the one that is more highly desired, though folks will settle for an Android phone because its cheaper to acquire and more widely available -- just like a Chevrolet.
Apple creates premier products. With the iPad, they were the first of such premier products and they are experiencing what Henry Ford experienced with the Model-T. Five years from now there will be a fleet of competitors that are as good or even better, but right now iPad is the standard and the competition is basically trying their best to copy or anticipate Apple's next move.
Ironically, the one area that Xoom got higher marks than iPad on Consumer Reports was "Versatility". This was because they had a Micro SD slot. I think its funny that a non-functioning Micro-SD slot is better than a $30 camera kit that includes two adapters that actually makes for a functioning SD-card connection or USB connection. I can connect SD cards to my iPad-2 all day long with my adapter. I also have a USB port via an adapter, HDMI, VGA, Composite Video, and Component Video. Sure it requires adapters, but at least I have the options -- they are all there. I also have better options at my disposal and only resort to wired connections when I have to (AirPlay >> HDMI -- wireless transfer >> SD card).
In summary.... Xoom good, iPad better (both iPad 1 and definitely iPad 2). Even the idiots at Consumer Reports can figure out that the Xoom is only as good as the comparable iPad 1 (which costs far less).
Honda sells a TON more cars than BMW by a huge factor...I'd rather drive a BMW, I guess you're all happy with the Hondas :)
I think its funny that when Google gains the edge in the smartphone marketshare battle the fandroids declare victory, but somehow the Xoom is the "BMW" of tablets when its marketshare sucks.
Xoom is NOT a terrible product, but to be called the BMW of tablets would require that it is better than the iPad. This is more like Hondas and Hyundais. Android tablets are currently the Hyundais -- trying to copy the Hondas as closely as possible (Hyundai's name is close to Honda and so is there logo, and so are most of their car styles). However, what you find is that the Hyundai while it may be priced comparably and has comparable technical specifications that it is really not built as well.
However, on the smartphone side, your analogy does in fact hold very well. Android is on high-end phones as well as the cheap freebies the carriers are giving away. There are variants of Android being used on devices that Google has no control over and behave in a far more inferior manner than regular Android phones, but are counted among the Android numbers. Android is the Chevrolet of the smartphone market (selling everything from Corvettes to Aveos) while Apple's sells only to the premier customers. People don't buy iPhone because they could not get an Android phone, but they do buy an Android phone because they could not get an iPhone for the price they wanted it. iPhone is the one that is more highly desired, though folks will settle for an Android phone because its cheaper to acquire and more widely available -- just like a Chevrolet.
Apple creates premier products. With the iPad, they were the first of such premier products and they are experiencing what Henry Ford experienced with the Model-T. Five years from now there will be a fleet of competitors that are as good or even better, but right now iPad is the standard and the competition is basically trying their best to copy or anticipate Apple's next move.
Ironically, the one area that Xoom got higher marks than iPad on Consumer Reports was "Versatility". This was because they had a Micro SD slot. I think its funny that a non-functioning Micro-SD slot is better than a $30 camera kit that includes two adapters that actually makes for a functioning SD-card connection or USB connection. I can connect SD cards to my iPad-2 all day long with my adapter. I also have a USB port via an adapter, HDMI, VGA, Composite Video, and Component Video. Sure it requires adapters, but at least I have the options -- they are all there. I also have better options at my disposal and only resort to wired connections when I have to (AirPlay >> HDMI -- wireless transfer >> SD card).
In summary.... Xoom good, iPad better (both iPad 1 and definitely iPad 2). Even the idiots at Consumer Reports can figure out that the Xoom is only as good as the comparable iPad 1 (which costs far less).
Butters
Aug 6, 01:14 PM
i don't care about see-through windows. I want something that works.
see-through windows are SOOOO jaguar
see-through windows are SOOOO jaguar
realitymonkey
Apr 6, 06:52 AM
Hmm we have a Blu Ray burner in our duplication bay in 3 years and approx 1500 hrs of Broadcast HD TV it has only been used so editors can take home personal projects to screen them.
Really do not see the need for Blu Ray at all there are so many other better suited formats.
Really do not see the need for Blu Ray at all there are so many other better suited formats.
LagunaSol
Apr 19, 10:43 PM
For that matter, people say that Apple ripped off their bookshelf from Delicious Library. Which itself took it from who knows where.
Probably from an actual bookshelf. ;)
I totally forgot about that! What a joke. Apple has become the king of hypocrites. And they copied the Apple logo from the Beatle's Apple Records.
Have you actually seen the Apple Records logo? Apparently not.
Probably from an actual bookshelf. ;)
I totally forgot about that! What a joke. Apple has become the king of hypocrites. And they copied the Apple logo from the Beatle's Apple Records.
Have you actually seen the Apple Records logo? Apparently not.
Motley
Nov 28, 06:14 PM
Hadn't seen it posted yet:
Coming off of their deal with Zune, Universal is now considering getting money for each iPod sold.
Why Thank you Microsoft! (http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyid=2006-11-28T213349Z_01_N28267036_RTRUKOC_0_US-MEDIA-SUMMIT-UNIVERSALMUSIC-IPOD.xml):mad:
Coming off of their deal with Zune, Universal is now considering getting money for each iPod sold.
Why Thank you Microsoft! (http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyid=2006-11-28T213349Z_01_N28267036_RTRUKOC_0_US-MEDIA-SUMMIT-UNIVERSALMUSIC-IPOD.xml):mad:
Gugulino
Apr 7, 02:49 PM
There is also IPTV. The VOD offer of our triple pay provider includes also HD titles, which are pretty good in quality (720p and DD 5.1). The OS of the set top box is Windows ME or something. The only Windows in our household :D
boncellis
Jul 27, 04:54 PM
Dan=='s mockup is something that I had considered before, I remember talking about it with Yvan 256 at some point as something like "the return of the Cube." I think it's a pretty good design, the guts of the Mini are so packed as it is, an expanded case would allow for a substantial upgrade in components, including the oft clamored for dedicated GPU.
Another way Apple could do it is just to elongate the Mini's case to make it just as svelte vertically, only slightly wider. Could you take a run at that one Dan==? ;)
Another way Apple could do it is just to elongate the Mini's case to make it just as svelte vertically, only slightly wider. Could you take a run at that one Dan==? ;)