i love you more and more

i love you more and more. *epicstare* i love you more
  • *epicstare* i love you more



  • Thunderhawks
    Apr 20, 07:11 AM
    This model promises to be one that many will pass on.

    I certainly will.

    Even though it's already well known that it will have a better antenna to fix the antennagate issue that most everyone denied.

    The lack of a fresh new look will keep me away, especially retaining the tiny screen. Seems like Apples coasting this time around.

    A faster processor? Big deal, who needs it, a waste of money just to pump up Apples coffers.

    A true disappointment, this one is. I was so eager to dump my antennagate special.

    It isn't even out yet, no confirmed specs and you are already done?

    You know that when ever you ass u me something you make an ass out of U and me :-)





    i love you more and more. quot;I love youquot; sings Lohengrin
  • quot;I love youquot; sings Lohengrin



  • mobi
    Apr 5, 01:10 PM
    ...Of course they did. Big brother is watching everyone.





    i love you more and more. women are more interested
  • women are more interested



  • skinnylegs
    Mar 29, 09:07 AM
    As much as I enjoy Apple products and services, it's nice seeing someone beat them to the punch. This can only be a good thing for all of us.

    I see cloud services as an exciting technology. I'm rockin a Macbook Air and the only files I keep on the 64 GB SSD are documents. All music, pictures, video and movies are on a 500 GB external HD. Obviously it requires little or no effort to plug said external HD into the Air but it would be nice to shed it. It would also be nice not having to sync music over to the iPhone.

    I say bring it on!





    i love you more and more. I love you more than ever,
  • I love you more than ever,



  • KnightWRX
    May 6, 07:33 AM
    What I really wanted to say is that Google is going to run their datacentres on ARM

    There you go again with facts. Citation needed. I think what you want to say here is :

    "There was some speculation last year that Google might switch to ARM for their datacenters and servers after an acquisition of an ARM technology company".

    There is no way you can state what you are stating as a fact right now. ;)

    But the fact that Google bought a company developing ARM processors and also hired engineers from PA Semi that previously worked on Apple's A4 chips

    Yes, that is a fact you can state.

    means that they ARE going to produce their own ARM chips

    Not all acquisitions end up in workable projects. Google does a lot of acquisitions, some of them just end up as IP port-folio fodders, some of them get recycled into products, some of them just get abandonned. Who knows what Google is planning ?

    either for their own Android phones or more likely for their datacentres.

    How is it more likely for their datacenters, in light of Google's staff saying ARM isn't ready for the datacenter ? I'd say at this point, it's more likely for the Chrome OS based netbooks that will probably never see the light of day officially beyond the Cr48.





    i love you more and more. I Loved You Then As I Love You
  • I Loved You Then As I Love You



  • fivetoadsloth
    Apr 10, 02:12 AM
    I didn't quite read the whole thread, and I've seen people trying to present definitive answers representing multiple possible answers. While I don't claim to be an end all source, math is one thing that I can do and do understand.

    I was tempted not to post, but, I think understanding the order of operations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_operations)/etc is something that is relatively important.

    Multiple people have quoted the order : P(arenthes) E(xponents) M(ultiplication) D(ivision) A(ddition) S(ubtraction).

    As stated, that is NOT totally accurate. Multiplication and division are the same operation, as are addition and subtraction. Thus, the order between them can be flipped. That is, P E D M A S is true, as is P E D M S A, as is P E M D S A.

    If multiplication and division both appear you go from LEFT to RIGHT.

    Parenthesis are implied multiplication.

    So, first, in the parenthesis we have 12, so, 48/2(12). As that is written, one does 48/2=24*12. So, as the problem is written, the answer is 288. While the method of writing the problem is certainly not the best, the problem does, to my knowledge, only have one true answer.

    An important note: not all calculators correctly apply the orders of operations. Any scientific calculator form the last 5 years or so should, and if it is outputting anything other then 288 I would be interested in knowing. Some pocket calulators with + - x � just go left to right.

    Wolfram is, as usual, right. (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=48%2F2%289%2B3%29)





    i love you more and more. I love you more than ever
  • I love you more than ever



  • CalBoy
    Apr 15, 10:22 AM
    Sorry to break it to you but it's not me with the false premise. Money is like water, it flows to where there is least resistance. Money can be invested in anything and anywhere around the world. You can invest on Asian exchanges. Why not create a company in Hong Kong and invest through that? You can even invest in American companies because many of them list on several international exchanges. If you were a billionaire, would you invest with an individual account in the U.S. and be subject to a 35% tax, or invest through a corporation in Hong Kong and pay no taxes. In reality, they probably have many investments spread out. Some in the U.S., some internationally. Such a change in tax rules will simply cause them to make the appropriate changes to maximize how much they make.

    The real problem is a lack of growth. There's only so much Silicon Valley can offer in location. If we really start taxing at 35% and eliminated a lot of deductions, then what reason is there to start a business in the U.S. over Shanghai or Hong Kong?

    It's a sad state but we are already testing the waters for capital controls, trying to keep money in the U.S. It's a big mistake we're progressing towards. No one will want to put money into a country that makes it hard to take money out.

    I'll only add to what mcrain wrote by saying that what you're describing is a race to the bottom. If capital gains taxes were so corrosive, every government should logically keep them at 0%. Is that really the logical conclusion you'd like to make with this line of reasoning?

    Investors have already been investing in Asian markets for decades, and it has nothing to do with taxes; it has everything to do with how rapidly those markets have been growing over the past 40 years.





    i love you more and more. more likely to say #39;I love
  • more likely to say #39;I love



  • Piggie
    Apr 26, 04:11 PM
    Apple could make a whole range of phones in different sizes, from different materials at different price points.

    Apple could licence iOS to others to make phones running their OS thus opening up iTunes sales to an even larger audience.

    I don't expect Apple will do either.

    Only in the long term future will we be able to look back to now and know if Apple did the right thing, and grew to be one of the world leaders or died a slow and painful death.

    Anyone got a crystal ball, or know Dr Who? ;)





    i love you more and more. I love you more and more right
  • I love you more and more right



  • Stridder44
    Sep 11, 02:36 AM
    Mine connection would take around 14 hours, but we have adsl 2+ now which is up to 24mb/sec. Can't wait to upgrade :cool:

    This movie store is all exciting and all, but with out world stores, it will be the US who will be enjoying it :(


    Holy eff. Im in the states and Im only gettin 786/384 :mad:

    Then again we get it for free...but still....





    i love you more and more. love you more than quotes. i
  • love you more than quotes. i



  • Ger Teunis
    Mar 31, 03:15 AM
    Am I the only one having problems with the following default (moronified) settings?






    i love you more and more. love you more than funny
  • love you more than funny



  • tsadi
    Mar 31, 04:27 AM
    I reckon Lion will be the last of cat names used for OS X.

    They can't really call the next one Ocelot, for example.

    Maybe they'll just call the next release Cat? Cat5? Meow? LOLcat?


    Oblig LOLcat:

    http://whyevolutionistrue.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/lion-lolcat.jpg





    i love you more and more. love you more than funny
  • love you more than funny



  • beebler
    Apr 20, 01:18 AM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8H7)

    How many people think this is some elaborate scheme to get people to think it will come out in the fall, when they might be setting people up for a surprise with the release of iphone 4 -white as the new ip5?

    It's not. Apple doesn't do that and they have been set on a September release for some months now.





    i love you more and more. I will never love you more
  • I will never love you more



  • ncl
    Apr 11, 04:30 AM
    To all the people arguing that the answer is 288 and not 2 and linked to the wikipedia page on the order of operations to prove their point: if you actually bothered to read the page you linked to, you would have seen this:

    Some mathematicians hold that multiplication by juxtaposition (omitting the x sign, ex. 2(4+3) ) is a symbol of grouping. No fixed convention exists.

    That's probably why Spotlight gives a different answer if you write the expression with or without the "*".

    Some people will say 2, others will say 288 and it has nothing to do with their math skills but only with the convention they use.

    To give the only right answer to the original question: don't write an expression in such a retarded way :p





    i love you more and more. I Love You More Than My Dog by
  • I Love You More Than My Dog by



  • Eidorian
    Jul 21, 02:20 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but why would apple just use the new chips in mbp's and not the mb? Dosn't seem to make sense. As soon as core 2 merom comes out every pc notebook will have it. Price wouldn't be an issue cause merom is same price as yonah, correct?The MBP is a PRO model. They can keep Yonah (Which is fast enough mind you) and still speed bump it/lower the price some more.

    I don't think we'll see these at WWDC unless there are other substantial changes. Going from a Yonah to a Merom chip may be great news, but it's hardly something Steve can crow about on stage. "Here's the new macbook pro... it looks and functions exactly like the old one, but 20% faster. Um, yeah. You already know all about the macbook pro, so there's really nothing else for me to say, is there?"

    I expect we will see mac pros and leopard demo'ed at WWDC, plus the usual talk about how well apple is doing, etc. Maybe some talk about pro apps because it's a developer's conference. MAYBE a new ipod (nano) just because it's such big news, even tho it's not really for developers.

    But as far as new MBPs go, I'd expect a quiet announcement some tuesday in the relatively near future.So new iMacs next Tuesday? :eek:

    I do agree that the new Pro towers need a much more proper launch while the other lines can just get a shiny new Core 2 Duo logo on their site and an update to Apple's Intel page.

    I posted this very early on:





    i love you more and more. each day i love you more
  • each day i love you more



  • CIA
    Apr 22, 01:10 AM
    Not to sound harsh or anything, but maybe you guys should be charging more for your services. The way you described how much work you guys are doing over there, you should be able to afford a new MacPro for everyone there...and maybe a couple grip trucks...

    Well, we get a bonus week of paid vacation for working 15 hour days 3 weeks straight. Most of the production done is for us, not contract work. We are the only (local) station in town for the festival, so it would be stupid not to bust our ass to showcase our stuff to the world. We sell a lot of ads, but at the same time, it's still local TV when it comes down to it.





    i love you more and more. love you more than funny
  • love you more than funny



  • Eduardo1971
    Apr 18, 02:47 PM
    Has Apple targeted other 'tablet' makers?

    Wonder how long until they serve HP with a similar suit?





    i love you more and more. Love You More. a novel
  • Love You More. a novel



  • Paulius
    Jul 29, 09:03 PM
    Ah man. I wanted a cheap, robust, no-BS phone. I don't know what my next cellphone will be. I just don't feel like investing a lot into a cellphone. What I want to do is to just TALK!





    i love you more and more. Read quot;I love Soundcloudquot;more
  • Read quot;I love Soundcloudquot;more



  • tstreete
    Nov 9, 02:21 PM
    So far I think the phone calls sound fine for the person on the other end, and OK on my end; at freeway speeds my car is loud so I have to listen carefully.

    I think the mount's GPS chip signal is actually routed through the dock connection. Just phone (and app voice, if necessary) connect through bluetooth. Maybe this is because Apple doesn't let non-audio devices of any sort to connect through bluetooth; if they did, then we'd all have been using external bluetooth gps receivers long ago.

    Thanks...I was hoping this was true! I do not like my phone calls booming through my car speakers as its too big a sound. I wondered about this connection as the GPS chip is connected by bluetooth I believe, so I wasn't sure what else might be.

    Have you found the bluetooth speakerphone to be working well enough for you and the person on the other end?

    Thanks for all your help.





    i love you more and more. I love you. I love you more
  • I love you. I love you more



  • X2468
    Mar 27, 09:35 AM
    I really hope wwdc is going to focus on computers rather than its IOS toys.
    I agree. I would like some focus on computers also.

    If one looks at the reported sales volume, the money that seemingly is Apples highest priority, is in the iOS devices.

    I also believe that Snow Leopard is the last true computer OS from Apple.

    Apple's already given us enough info to assure that we have calibrated our expectations about Lion to include a heavy dose of iOS.

    Since Apple has avoided getting serious about computers for medium to large scale enterprises they can easily let their computers go altogether in the not too distant future.

    Many may argue the contrary since Apple introduced the new MBA & MBP models. However other than a new shape for the MBA, there's nothing that required much from Apple.

    If one looks at the demographics of the typical Apple customer today, it's the mainstream big box customer that Apple has successfully targeted.

    Apples in the shiny toy business for the long haul.





    i love you more and more. Week by week, I enjoy it more
  • Week by week, I enjoy it more



  • JBytes
    Apr 25, 10:08 AM
    I've been reading MacRumors for years - only added to the discussion a few times since 08. Not a troll, but still considered a "newbie". :D
    Wow, I just realised I've been on this forum for quite a while.





    3N16MA
    Mar 28, 12:20 PM
    I don't get how people can view the iPhone design as dated (assuming externals here). I've been playing around with several Android phones lately, and they are all horrible cheap, plastic toys in comparison. I was surprised to find that even Android, the OS, is still slow, jerky and unpolished versus the good old iOS.

    The only devices that can even compete on sheer quality and solid design are the Nokia n8s and e7s. In particular the n8. Just a pity about the software there.

    By all means update the iPhone �*development is good. But I don't see any need to forcefully change the design of it. It's actually pretty damn good.

    I also think the iPhone 4 design is still fresh after two years of the same look with the 3G/3Gs. Increasing the screen to 4" would not hurt.





    GoodWatch
    Apr 5, 01:53 PM
    "Toyota had agreed to do so to "maintain their good relationship with Apple," "

    Toyota has a relationship with Apple, good or bad? Why? I don't see the connection.

    The upcoming iPrius ;)





    Tilpots
    May 7, 01:25 PM
    The problem with this idea is that it's based on the assumption that Apple wants to be like Google and suddenly become an advertiser.

    They purchased Quattro and developed iAds because it represents a mutually beneficial deal for developers on the app store and Apple. Apple designs the ads and runs them on their servers and developers get to deliver free or .$99 apps that can actually be profitable. Quid pro quo...Apple gets more apps hopefully that don't suck and the developer gets to reap the rewards of the success of the app store.

    That same play doesn't come into effect with Mobileme. It's not dependent on 3rd party developers delivering content so thusly you will not see iAds in Mobileme.

    It's no assumption at all that Apple's getting into the advertising game. They announced iAd loud and clear as part of the iPhone's new OS. Your assuming these ads won't make it into any thing other than apps and I'm saying you're mistaken.

    Why would they limit a massive profit opportunity and a chance to deliver a huge financial blow to their new arch enemy? They wouldn't. Google's laid the groundwork for how these free services work. Apple's may just put their spin on it.

    I do think that a paid, ad free version would exist. They'll continue their current service uninterrupted. But to offer it free, well, "Ain't nothin' free, baby." They'll generate revenue off it with their new ad system. It wouldn't make any sense not to. It's just the world in which we live.





    taylorc
    Sep 15, 09:19 PM
    Could you bump that up if you called back and did the overnight gig?

    Just curious.

    My friend (an apple employee) used his discount and ordered for me at the store. I don't think he ever asked me about shipping, I assumed it was standard for every consumer.

    I can see an extra week to added on to throw in an extra gig and ship from China, not NINE days! Either way it will be here and in the meantime I'll HOPE FOR THE BEST, and expect yonah.





    abhimat.gautam
    Apr 21, 11:55 PM
    Anyone make any good mockups yet?