.jpg)
Blacklabel34
Mar 30, 03:31 AM
So the factory is fine but the loading dock is damaged? And they had to shut down the factory because they can't figure out another way to bring in the supplies? :confused:
Sounds like we are not getting the whole story...
Sounds like we are not getting the whole story...

-aggie-
May 4, 09:00 PM
Can we get an explanation from the gods, since this is the first game in this format?
ghostlyorb
Apr 7, 08:14 PM
Apple... a great way to take out the competition!
greenstork
Aug 2, 12:42 PM
(HDMI isn't really designed for computer displays)
I think that's kind of his point isn't it. I know I'd like to see more "media center" type features in my Mac.
I think that's kind of his point isn't it. I know I'd like to see more "media center" type features in my Mac.
vincenz
Apr 18, 03:14 PM
couldn't Samsung simply get back at Apple by NOT making Apple's stuff? I mean, come on.
They would stand to lose a lot of money if they decided overnight that they are not going to deal with Apple anymore.
They would stand to lose a lot of money if they decided overnight that they are not going to deal with Apple anymore.
AaronEdwards
Apr 26, 03:55 PM
Just a sample size of one, but I'm a good example of a customer that Apple might not get:
Sprint user for years. Good discounts, etc. and the service has worked fine for me over the years. For me to switch carriers for an iPhone I'd spend $40-$50 a month more. As much as I want an iphone (I own a 3gs I use internationally and really like it), unless Apple and Sprint make a deal I'm probably gonna end up with an Android phone to replace my barely functional Palm Pre. I'm heading out of the country for a couple months, hopefully Sprint has the iPhone when I return, haha...
Another name for a sample size of one. An anecdote... ;)
Sprint user for years. Good discounts, etc. and the service has worked fine for me over the years. For me to switch carriers for an iPhone I'd spend $40-$50 a month more. As much as I want an iphone (I own a 3gs I use internationally and really like it), unless Apple and Sprint make a deal I'm probably gonna end up with an Android phone to replace my barely functional Palm Pre. I'm heading out of the country for a couple months, hopefully Sprint has the iPhone when I return, haha...
Another name for a sample size of one. An anecdote... ;)

Old Smuggler
Nov 22, 01:31 AM
palms os is severely outdated
the only thing they have going for them is the abundance of software out
i own a palm and will ditch it when something pda, osx feel comes from apple
if apple makes their phone centered on a PDA and Confrencing rather than
"its an ipod and a phone"
i think they will gain some substantial ground
having the ability to use the pda phone as an ipod would not be out of the question but solely a ipod phone ? i think they would be cutting their profits to a certain age group of potential buyers
the only thing they have going for them is the abundance of software out
i own a palm and will ditch it when something pda, osx feel comes from apple
if apple makes their phone centered on a PDA and Confrencing rather than
"its an ipod and a phone"
i think they will gain some substantial ground
having the ability to use the pda phone as an ipod would not be out of the question but solely a ipod phone ? i think they would be cutting their profits to a certain age group of potential buyers
guzhogi
Aug 4, 08:04 AM
I think I remember reading on one of the MacRumors forums that Merom is really a full 64-bit processor, but rather a 32-bit w/ 64-bit extensions or something. Any truth in this?
MonkeyClaw
Nov 30, 09:18 AM
salmon, you hit the nail on the head with that post. A device like that would be amazing, I could totally see myself using it in classes, etc. And though I'm not sure about the $300 price point, but I think its completely doable for under $1000.
KnightWRX
May 6, 07:37 AM
Microsoft isnt switching over to just ARM. They're just making Windows compatible on ARM. For their Windows 8 Tablets most likely.
Bingo, surprising it took 10 pages for someone to point out the obvious. It was starting to get funny reading about "Windows 8 on ARM!" as if that points to anything as far as laptops/desktops go.
It's not like Windows running on something other than x86 or x86_64 is surprising anyhow. Windows NT had ports to PPC, MIPS, Alpha and more recently ia64 during it's long history (that dates back to 1993).
Bingo, surprising it took 10 pages for someone to point out the obvious. It was starting to get funny reading about "Windows 8 on ARM!" as if that points to anything as far as laptops/desktops go.
It's not like Windows running on something other than x86 or x86_64 is surprising anyhow. Windows NT had ports to PPC, MIPS, Alpha and more recently ia64 during it's long history (that dates back to 1993).

citizenzen
Apr 19, 12:05 PM
I went and found sources on my own.
Okay. But this is a forum ... an online discussion (or an online cocktail party as I like to think about it). So hear we are at the party and you've just told me that our discussion is over until I've read a 1,000 page book.
So...
Yeah...
Uhhh ... did I see sushi at the buffet table?
Nice chatting with you.
Okay. But this is a forum ... an online discussion (or an online cocktail party as I like to think about it). So hear we are at the party and you've just told me that our discussion is over until I've read a 1,000 page book.
So...
Yeah...
Uhhh ... did I see sushi at the buffet table?
Nice chatting with you.

Adidas Addict
Apr 20, 04:42 AM
�499 for a white iPhone 5 and you can count me in, again. I've just sold my iPhone 4.
Now to carry on avoiding all the Verizon/AT&T nonsense on here. :rolleyes:
Word
Now to carry on avoiding all the Verizon/AT&T nonsense on here. :rolleyes:
Word

-aggie-
May 4, 11:59 AM
Ah!
If i remember right, last time you tried we had to take you to the White Witch of Cupertino Mountains to get rid of your tail...
Your insolence grows tiresome. :)
What does the OP mean we found a healing treasure and it has no effect? I thought we'd get an extra 5 HP for that.
If i remember right, last time you tried we had to take you to the White Witch of Cupertino Mountains to get rid of your tail...
Your insolence grows tiresome. :)
What does the OP mean we found a healing treasure and it has no effect? I thought we'd get an extra 5 HP for that.
gnasher729
Aug 11, 10:49 AM
Merom and Yonah are replacements for Pentium-M. While Conroe is the replacement for the Pentium D.
That is just marketing. In reality, Merom, Conroe and Woodcrest are all based on exactly the same archicture, with Merom optimised for low power consumption and Conroe optimised for clock speed.
That is just marketing. In reality, Merom, Conroe and Woodcrest are all based on exactly the same archicture, with Merom optimised for low power consumption and Conroe optimised for clock speed.
phantom5251
Dec 6, 03:23 PM
Apple has changed their site now to say it would ship in 1-2 months.
MacFly123
Apr 21, 07:53 PM
FINALLY some Mac Pro updates!
Very interesting....
This does sound logical to me, its a combination of the lines and i am sure would make it convenient for sound and media pro's whom also have other rack equipment like massive disk arrays and audio equipment(them hings with blinkie lights in sound studios :P ).
agreed, hopefully an update with the new FCP X :confused:
Exactly! Please let this all come out at the same time so I can buy a completely new setup with the new Final Cut Studio and Lion! :D
Here's a quick scale / mockup
Please leave the dual super drives Apple! We pros still need those to author DVDs!
Very interesting....
This does sound logical to me, its a combination of the lines and i am sure would make it convenient for sound and media pro's whom also have other rack equipment like massive disk arrays and audio equipment(them hings with blinkie lights in sound studios :P ).
agreed, hopefully an update with the new FCP X :confused:
Exactly! Please let this all come out at the same time so I can buy a completely new setup with the new Final Cut Studio and Lion! :D
Here's a quick scale / mockup
Please leave the dual super drives Apple! We pros still need those to author DVDs!
louis Fashion
Mar 27, 02:39 PM
Heh. No LTE, no NFC, no bigger screen, no antenna fix, and now no iOS upgrade? What's the point in releasing an iPhone at all this year?
Very good question. Something important has to happen - or why bother?
Very good question. Something important has to happen - or why bother?

ucfgrad93
May 4, 01:49 PM
I'd think we'd want to explore this room.
Agreed, lets explore this room.
Agreed, lets explore this room.
ucfgrad93
May 4, 01:49 PM
I'd think we'd want to explore this room.
Agreed, lets explore this room.
Agreed, lets explore this room.
vitaflo
Aug 2, 12:59 PM
I'm guessing since all the laptops Apple makes now have cameras built-in they're not terribly concerned about sales lost to "sensitive environments" that do not permit cameras. I'm also guessing their mostly government-affiliated and Apple still doesn't really have any considerable portion of the government (excluding education) market.
If you work in a sensitive environment, you most likely won't be able to have a laptop either. Taking a computer out of a secure area is a no-no.
If you work in a sensitive environment, you most likely won't be able to have a laptop either. Taking a computer out of a secure area is a no-no.
el-John-o
Mar 28, 10:19 AM
Let's not forget that pre-iPhone smart phones were updated every couple of years (hardware wise, maybe some aesthetic changes if anything.) We'd see a refresh at CES, then a couple years after CES it would suddenly be on the shelves, probably with the same CPU, maybe a bit more RAM and the next version of Palm OS / Windows Mobile (Remember those? LOL).
Finally... bad move Apple? Really? You mean like, Apple should have decided to go back in time and prevent the earthquake and tsunami or something? Everyone is debating whether or not this is a "smart move" by Apple. If this is true, they don't have a choice! Supply constraints are supply constraints, there aren't other chip manufacturers without seriously sacrificing the iPhone's performance and reliability, and therefore it's reputation. For those of you unaware, this rumor, if true, is the result of a massive natural disaster that recently occurred in Japan, where a number of iPhone components come from! Yes they are assembled in China, but as the article stated, Chinese manufacturers aren't getting their parts from Japan like they usually do around this time.
It's crazy, people are freaking out talking about abandoning iPhones altogether because heaven forbid anyone wait a couple more months for something! I mean, it's what you want, but instead of waiting you'll "settle" for something else? Am I the only one who sees that flaw in logic? Maybe I'm biased because I didn't plan on being an iPhone 5 customer (no upgrade for another year and a half, so I'll be an iPhone 6 buyer), but I still think this whole conversation is silly. Apple is releasing much faster than anyone else had in the past, maybe not now, but had in the past, and Japan is a little inconvenienced right now, just in case you haven't watched the news.
Also, on Apple's hardware being outdated when it hit the shelves. It always had. I had a 1GHz phone when Apple released there 600 and something MHz iPhone (first gen). It finally hit near 1GHz (but not quite) with the iPhone 4, when there were ALREADY 1GHz phones out for a while (Droid Incredible, etc.) The software trumps the hardware, it's efficient enough it "feels" fast, that's why people buy iPhones, not because the hardware numbers are higher than on the competition.
Finally... bad move Apple? Really? You mean like, Apple should have decided to go back in time and prevent the earthquake and tsunami or something? Everyone is debating whether or not this is a "smart move" by Apple. If this is true, they don't have a choice! Supply constraints are supply constraints, there aren't other chip manufacturers without seriously sacrificing the iPhone's performance and reliability, and therefore it's reputation. For those of you unaware, this rumor, if true, is the result of a massive natural disaster that recently occurred in Japan, where a number of iPhone components come from! Yes they are assembled in China, but as the article stated, Chinese manufacturers aren't getting their parts from Japan like they usually do around this time.
It's crazy, people are freaking out talking about abandoning iPhones altogether because heaven forbid anyone wait a couple more months for something! I mean, it's what you want, but instead of waiting you'll "settle" for something else? Am I the only one who sees that flaw in logic? Maybe I'm biased because I didn't plan on being an iPhone 5 customer (no upgrade for another year and a half, so I'll be an iPhone 6 buyer), but I still think this whole conversation is silly. Apple is releasing much faster than anyone else had in the past, maybe not now, but had in the past, and Japan is a little inconvenienced right now, just in case you haven't watched the news.
Also, on Apple's hardware being outdated when it hit the shelves. It always had. I had a 1GHz phone when Apple released there 600 and something MHz iPhone (first gen). It finally hit near 1GHz (but not quite) with the iPhone 4, when there were ALREADY 1GHz phones out for a while (Droid Incredible, etc.) The software trumps the hardware, it's efficient enough it "feels" fast, that's why people buy iPhones, not because the hardware numbers are higher than on the competition.
X2468
Apr 7, 04:48 PM
Apple has competition, Apple. RIM, Google and Microsoft are not factors.
Ah, the voice of tunnel vision.
RIM, Google, and Microsoft are companies you can read about if you ever get out into the mainstream. :)
Ah, the voice of tunnel vision.
RIM, Google, and Microsoft are companies you can read about if you ever get out into the mainstream. :)
Eldiablojoe
May 5, 10:58 PM
Inside, gleaming in the staff's blue light, was a solid gold cylinder with two spheres making up its base.[/b]
Oh! That doesn't sound the least bit phallic at all!
Oh! That doesn't sound the least bit phallic at all!
iHeartapple2
Nov 2, 08:00 PM
I have had my MacBook over 2 years now and decided to do a full scan tonight using iAntiVirus just to see what it would find. The results are 0 , nothing, and nada.