Macnoviz
Jul 20, 08:16 AM
Hmm, would make for an awesome rev b. MacPro on or around MWSF (probably "around" as MWSF is really a big consumer event).
Bring on the serious grunt!!
Why not? Introduction of world's first commercial 8-core system. Live via webstream, with an awesome keynote, and a presentation of Final Cut Pro using all eight cores to maximum effiency with a live render at a geecktacular speed:)
Bring on the serious grunt!!
Why not? Introduction of world's first commercial 8-core system. Live via webstream, with an awesome keynote, and a presentation of Final Cut Pro using all eight cores to maximum effiency with a live render at a geecktacular speed:)
BJNY
Aug 24, 10:57 AM
Appreciate it, Multimedia.
Thanks.
Thanks.

starflyer
Mar 22, 02:23 PM
not enough RAM
Not enough RAM to do what exactly?
Not enough RAM to do what exactly?
addicted44
Mar 26, 12:13 AM
I still don't know what people want on these forums. I am SUBSTANTIALLY more excited about Lion than I was about Leopard or Snow Leopard. I don't care about more eye candy. Versions, autosave and resume are all great features and more importantly they're features non-techies will appreciate even more.
Merging server is damn cool, Mission Control and the improvements to Spaces both look very compelling and I like the interface changes.
Some of the comments on this board are inane.
1) Launchpad is the selling point...Really? You think Versions, Resume, Mission Control, OS wide Full Screen App support are not selling points?
2) $129 is too much. This one cracks me up. Apple is bundling a $500 product into the OS (and other OS based servers are far more expensive) and people think $129 is too much?
3) When has Apple released an OS, and not shown new features on the final release keynote?
Merging server is damn cool, Mission Control and the improvements to Spaces both look very compelling and I like the interface changes.
Some of the comments on this board are inane.
1) Launchpad is the selling point...Really? You think Versions, Resume, Mission Control, OS wide Full Screen App support are not selling points?
2) $129 is too much. This one cracks me up. Apple is bundling a $500 product into the OS (and other OS based servers are far more expensive) and people think $129 is too much?
3) When has Apple released an OS, and not shown new features on the final release keynote?

seenew
Aug 27, 03:40 AM
See Apple???
Yet another potential customer for iMac Ultra. We Want C2DE + X1900 and a 23" screen!
It has been demonstrated an iMac can take large amounts of heat. I should expect (With almost certainty) that iMac will get at least 2.4 Conroe, which should be quite a significant increase on its own, and possibly higher. 2.4 on the low end 17" model, 2.66 in 20" and the option of 2.93 or 3.2 in iMac Ultra! (Then Apple can gift me with one for coming up with such a great idea)
X1800's for the 17 and 20 inches, and X1900 for the 23".
Sounds good to me.
Extra space due to 23" could be used for the cooling of the twin fires of CPU and GPU.
Except they get pissed off if you give them ideas.
Or was that Nintendo?
Both, probably. Legalities.
Yet another potential customer for iMac Ultra. We Want C2DE + X1900 and a 23" screen!
It has been demonstrated an iMac can take large amounts of heat. I should expect (With almost certainty) that iMac will get at least 2.4 Conroe, which should be quite a significant increase on its own, and possibly higher. 2.4 on the low end 17" model, 2.66 in 20" and the option of 2.93 or 3.2 in iMac Ultra! (Then Apple can gift me with one for coming up with such a great idea)
X1800's for the 17 and 20 inches, and X1900 for the 23".
Sounds good to me.
Extra space due to 23" could be used for the cooling of the twin fires of CPU and GPU.
Except they get pissed off if you give them ideas.
Or was that Nintendo?
Both, probably. Legalities.
guzhogi
Jul 20, 10:01 AM
Something I'd like to see is the framerate on Doom 3 if I played it on an 8-core Mac Pro w/ 2 of the fastest videocards in SLI/crossfire mode and one of those physics coprocessors (saying Doom 3 was optimized for it).
Glen Quagmire
Aug 6, 02:12 PM
I have tried the vista Beta, and ran in via BootCamp, so no different hardware. Tiger is miles ahead of vista.
Put simply: Tiger Works.... Vista Crashes and takes 2 years longer than tiger to do the same task.
I don't care how it looks, i don't care about see-through windows. I want something that works. Tiger gives me that.... and i hope leopard makes it even better. Tiger is ahead of the competition, hopefully leopard will be further forward, beating Vista to where it should be... In a beige, boring box:D
So, you're comparing a mature product (Tiger) to one that's still in beta and which by all accounts has plenty of outstanding issues before it's ever released (Vista)?
Not the fairest of comparisons, is it? Perhaps we should compare the latest of the Leopard builds with the latest Vista build for a more valid comparison of the relative position of the two OSs?
"Beige, boring box". Have you seen some of the hideous case designs that PC companies come out with? Not beige and far from boring (in a bad way). Apple's industrial design and grasp of asthetics and ergonomics is light years ahead.
Put simply: Tiger Works.... Vista Crashes and takes 2 years longer than tiger to do the same task.
I don't care how it looks, i don't care about see-through windows. I want something that works. Tiger gives me that.... and i hope leopard makes it even better. Tiger is ahead of the competition, hopefully leopard will be further forward, beating Vista to where it should be... In a beige, boring box:D
So, you're comparing a mature product (Tiger) to one that's still in beta and which by all accounts has plenty of outstanding issues before it's ever released (Vista)?
Not the fairest of comparisons, is it? Perhaps we should compare the latest of the Leopard builds with the latest Vista build for a more valid comparison of the relative position of the two OSs?
"Beige, boring box". Have you seen some of the hideous case designs that PC companies come out with? Not beige and far from boring (in a bad way). Apple's industrial design and grasp of asthetics and ergonomics is light years ahead.
AttilaTheHun
Jun 13, 05:27 PM
congrats..but why would anyone pay 425$ for a 3GS/32 when most can get the iPhone discount for a 4G for 74$ more?..I have 3GS/32 black and Im going to keep mine for a back-up phone/iPod/maybe sell it later/ and I'm getting the $499 discount since I'm not eligible for an upgrade til 3/11...glta
You got great price, me too sold my 3GS 32G less then one year old in mint condition got only $400
You got great price, me too sold my 3GS 32G less then one year old in mint condition got only $400
dmunz
Apr 8, 07:46 AM
Have you ever seen an RZ coupon that didn't say "excludes Apple products" along with Bose and a number of other carveouts. Financing may be a different issue.
B
That is a good point, but it never seems to stop them from taking the coupon. Maybe I've just been lucky there,
FWIW
DLM
B
That is a good point, but it never seems to stop them from taking the coupon. Maybe I've just been lucky there,
FWIW
DLM
Macinthetosh
Mar 22, 12:59 PM
Blackberry playbook = The IPad 2 killer - you heard it here first.
Look at the specs, their greater or equal to the iPad 2 with the exception of battery life.
Specifications are not everything.
Look at the specs, their greater or equal to the iPad 2 with the exception of battery life.
Specifications are not everything.
Santabean2000
Apr 10, 03:45 AM
The other presenters just had to toss months of planning out the window and scramble to reschedule events w/less than a weeks notice during the industry's biggest annual convention. Hopefully the members of the audience that signed up to see the original line-up will be able to make it to all the reschedule events and, on top of that, everyone going to the SuperMeet has now paid money for tickets to what is nothing more than an Apple PR event.
Dick move by Apple but all will be forgiven as long as they release the holy grail of editing on Tuesday. If they preview 'iMovie Pro' lord help them...
To be fair to Mark (the head of Post at Bunim/Murray) there really isn't anything he could say due to the NDA. Just because what he saw of the new FCP might not lead him to believe it would work in Bunim/Murray's current workflow doesn't mean it might not be awesome for someone else's work flow. It was a tough spot for Mark to be in and I'm not exactly sure why he even kicked off the meeting with "I was there, but don't ask me about it because I'm under NDA". He could've never even have brought it up and it wouldn't have altered the course of the conversation at all.
Lethal
But Apple have slipped him a little something to drop it in, s it will get picked up by sites like this... and so the hype begins.
Dick move by Apple but all will be forgiven as long as they release the holy grail of editing on Tuesday. If they preview 'iMovie Pro' lord help them...
To be fair to Mark (the head of Post at Bunim/Murray) there really isn't anything he could say due to the NDA. Just because what he saw of the new FCP might not lead him to believe it would work in Bunim/Murray's current workflow doesn't mean it might not be awesome for someone else's work flow. It was a tough spot for Mark to be in and I'm not exactly sure why he even kicked off the meeting with "I was there, but don't ask me about it because I'm under NDA". He could've never even have brought it up and it wouldn't have altered the course of the conversation at all.
Lethal
But Apple have slipped him a little something to drop it in, s it will get picked up by sites like this... and so the hype begins.
KnightWRX
Apr 6, 01:47 PM
(the built-in 3G option is another)
Apple should not do Built-in 3G. I don't want my 2000$ laptop tied to a carrier and I'd rather just Apple pass me the savings of not including 3G and letting me just use my iPhone to tether.
Apple should not do Built-in 3G. I don't want my 2000$ laptop tied to a carrier and I'd rather just Apple pass me the savings of not including 3G and letting me just use my iPhone to tether.

facts
Apr 27, 08:52 AM
The response from Apple is weak, the words chosen carefully to leave all options open for the future. The announced actions seem to be the right ones.
Being a convinced apple user i would like to see apple to go ahead and lead the crowd, set the standards for user protection, privacy protection and data protection.
Android and Windows are not valid options, since they are far worse when it comes to protection in my opinion.
As the computers get more senses, more needs to be done to provide dependable, transparent, verified protection.
Being a convinced apple user i would like to see apple to go ahead and lead the crowd, set the standards for user protection, privacy protection and data protection.
Android and Windows are not valid options, since they are far worse when it comes to protection in my opinion.
As the computers get more senses, more needs to be done to provide dependable, transparent, verified protection.
Sol
Mar 23, 12:44 AM
Is MacRumors branching out to coverage of all tablets and media players now? I can't speak for everyone who visits the site but I come here to read about Apple products, not the competition's knock-offs.

spillproof
Mar 22, 01:51 PM
Now it has become a battle of who will get my $500 bucks.
Let the games begin! *grabs popcorn and soda*
Let the games begin! *grabs popcorn and soda*

Hellhammer
Nov 24, 09:37 AM
Anyone been playing the game yet? I saw on other forums, people got the game yesterday. People called stores around where they lived and some stores already had it out.
I've been playing it for the last 5 hours. The last GT I played was GT2 so I can't say how this compares to GT4 but so far it's been amazing
I've been playing it for the last 5 hours. The last GT I played was GT2 so I can't say how this compares to GT4 but so far it's been amazing
Nym
Nov 29, 11:28 AM
I don't listen to anything that comes from that Universal Artists list shown above :)
So Universal Music Group must have received something in the region of $112 so far from Zune sales.
AHAHAHAHAHA
You my friend, sound like a socialist...
More like a Capitalist, he thinks they should get money, profit logic.
Universal is being greedy, they are entitled to 1$ per iPod the same way as I am, because after all, I'm advertising for Apple when I'm holding it in my hand right? It's just stupid beyond everything I've heard! And the artists will be the last ones to get even a glimpe of the money that M$ is gonna pay Universal (7$ ??).
If by any chance Apple would give in to Universal, every crap Record Label would start requiring the same fee and one day we'll have "the new iPod Nano, starting at 500$" :)
iPoop on Record Labels :D
So Universal Music Group must have received something in the region of $112 so far from Zune sales.
AHAHAHAHAHA
You my friend, sound like a socialist...
More like a Capitalist, he thinks they should get money, profit logic.
Universal is being greedy, they are entitled to 1$ per iPod the same way as I am, because after all, I'm advertising for Apple when I'm holding it in my hand right? It's just stupid beyond everything I've heard! And the artists will be the last ones to get even a glimpe of the money that M$ is gonna pay Universal (7$ ??).
If by any chance Apple would give in to Universal, every crap Record Label would start requiring the same fee and one day we'll have "the new iPod Nano, starting at 500$" :)
iPoop on Record Labels :D
ZoomZoomZoom
Sep 19, 12:36 AM
I think when the update reveals itself to be.... just a mere processor swop the moans to the high heavens would be deafening!
Any likelihood that we will see a new case design at MWSF perchance? :rolleyes:
Someone's gonna get a real hurtin'.
You forgot Mormon.
Hahaha :D
Any likelihood that we will see a new case design at MWSF perchance? :rolleyes:
Someone's gonna get a real hurtin'.
You forgot Mormon.
Hahaha :D
MacSync
Aug 25, 03:14 PM
Ahh did any one see this?
http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/08/23/apple.tops.pc.mag.survey/
Hmm. I've had a G5 DP worked on lately and had great support.
*Edit Nevermind, they are linking the PC mag story too.
http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/08/23/apple.tops.pc.mag.survey/
Hmm. I've had a G5 DP worked on lately and had great support.
*Edit Nevermind, they are linking the PC mag story too.
ergle2
Sep 20, 03:51 PM
Umm. What happened in here?
Can we reurn to some common respect please? This spat isn't constructive.
True enough.
I ... well, I won't go there, too likely to throw more fuel on the fire.
I'll drop it if she does, fair enough?
Can we reurn to some common respect please? This spat isn't constructive.
True enough.
I ... well, I won't go there, too likely to throw more fuel on the fire.
I'll drop it if she does, fair enough?
iJawn108
Jul 20, 04:55 PM
New MacPro rev2.
8 cores = 24Ghz
(with Free fire extinguisher and ear plugs) :p
I really laughed out loud at that. :p
8 cores = 24Ghz
(with Free fire extinguisher and ear plugs) :p
I really laughed out loud at that. :p
Danksi
Aug 15, 01:20 PM
Premiere Pro, for an example, is starting to use GPU-accelerated effects, I think it's a trend that will soon be coming over to FCP.
I'd get the 2.6 ghz, then add another graphics card in the future if the current one doesn't suffice.
Good to know. Thanks.
I'd get the 2.6 ghz, then add another graphics card in the future if the current one doesn't suffice.
Good to know. Thanks.
JM-Prod
Apr 10, 05:41 AM
anything less than the following will be a huge disappointment:
- touch-based editing release together with a huge "iPad"/editing board (probably connected to the main computer with Thunderbolt)
- professional features intact and developed
- integrates nicely with DI systems such as DaVinci
best,
jon m.
- touch-based editing release together with a huge "iPad"/editing board (probably connected to the main computer with Thunderbolt)
- professional features intact and developed
- integrates nicely with DI systems such as DaVinci
best,
jon m.
iMikeT
Aug 5, 07:36 PM
I can't wait!