KEL9000
Jul 14, 03:29 PM
Since apple is part of the Blu Ray consortium wouldn't you think they will use blu ray only?
kiwi_the_iwik
Apr 6, 02:28 AM
My wishlist?
I'd love the option for fast HD compression and ftp transfer straight from the program.
Also, greater MXF support for P2, as well as metadata compatibility would be very welcome additions.
AVC-Intra would be brilliant (without having to constantly rewrap...), to go along with existing DVCPRO HD support.
Currently, we have to resort to 3rd party strategies for all of the above, which can be a major pain (and expense).
I'd love the option for fast HD compression and ftp transfer straight from the program.
Also, greater MXF support for P2, as well as metadata compatibility would be very welcome additions.
AVC-Intra would be brilliant (without having to constantly rewrap...), to go along with existing DVCPRO HD support.
Currently, we have to resort to 3rd party strategies for all of the above, which can be a major pain (and expense).
infidel69
Mar 22, 01:17 PM
Why so many negative votes? Don't you guys like competition?
NJRonbo
Jun 14, 06:12 PM
What?!
No white phone?
Can you verify bibbz?
No white phone?
Can you verify bibbz?
Antares
Sep 13, 11:55 AM
and this got negative votes because...??????????
Yeesh!
One reason this is negative is because there were no performance numbers given.
Yeesh!
One reason this is negative is because there were no performance numbers given.
Hastings101
Apr 6, 03:18 PM
I'd rather buy like a tablet running a modified version of Windows 7 or something similar. Not an Android tablet. Unfortunately I don't think I've seen anything like that released :(
sparkleytone
Mar 26, 12:45 AM
What is it with all the complaining? Lion is a fresh direction for OS X, of course it will be paid. It will probably cost $129, so go ahead and get yourself all cried out now about it. If you think it’s just a minor revision that should be given away for free or $29:
1) Don’t buy it
2) You’re wrong
Full-screen apps along is just…why haven’t we been doing this all along?
1) Don’t buy it
2) You’re wrong
Full-screen apps along is just…why haven’t we been doing this all along?
Glideslope
Apr 25, 03:50 PM
i would bet anything that these two "customers" happen to also be lawyers.
They just can't earn clean money, always have to rip some one to earn it.
+1 ;)
They just can't earn clean money, always have to rip some one to earn it.
+1 ;)
DoFoT9
Nov 29, 03:28 PM
lots of negativity, but i was happy with GT3&4 for the pure racing side of things.
what i REALLY enjoyed from GT3, was the endurance events - how are they in GT5?
what i REALLY enjoyed from GT3, was the endurance events - how are they in GT5?
animatedude
Apr 6, 12:27 PM
the article doesn't mention when these wil be released.
Macaroony
Mar 7, 07:51 AM
I won't rejoin this discussion. But since neko girl may be waiting for my reply, I'll only suggest a source (http://www.tfp.org/images/books/Defending_A_Higher_Law.pdf).
Here's a tidbit from the pdf:
This book is dedicated to the
Holy Family, the sublime model for all
families, and our sure guide in the
reaction to the sexual revolution and
homosexual offensive.
May the Blessed Mother intercede
with Her Divine Son for all Americans
committed to defend the sacred
institutions of marriage and the family.
Interesting... wasn't Mary knocked up by an angel and was she really married to Joseph? :confused:
Whoever wrote this nonsense has no idea how the world really works and what the social and cultural consensus was in the 1700s, the Renaissance and all the way before. Any idealized tradition in family, culture and society the Christians of today are pining for would completely eradicate everything we've worked for to be free and live without fear to be who we are.
I just have one thing to say to all the righteous religious folk; it's over, end of the line, the jig is up. You've had your chance and you blew it. Join us in the 21st century where liberty, freedom and equality prevail - it's not perfect but it's the best we can do. So, rather than fighting it, join it and help it make better.
Here's a tidbit from the pdf:
This book is dedicated to the
Holy Family, the sublime model for all
families, and our sure guide in the
reaction to the sexual revolution and
homosexual offensive.
May the Blessed Mother intercede
with Her Divine Son for all Americans
committed to defend the sacred
institutions of marriage and the family.
Interesting... wasn't Mary knocked up by an angel and was she really married to Joseph? :confused:
Whoever wrote this nonsense has no idea how the world really works and what the social and cultural consensus was in the 1700s, the Renaissance and all the way before. Any idealized tradition in family, culture and society the Christians of today are pining for would completely eradicate everything we've worked for to be free and live without fear to be who we are.
I just have one thing to say to all the righteous religious folk; it's over, end of the line, the jig is up. You've had your chance and you blew it. Join us in the 21st century where liberty, freedom and equality prevail - it's not perfect but it's the best we can do. So, rather than fighting it, join it and help it make better.

manu chao
Apr 27, 08:47 AM
But if that happens, they already know everything there is to know about you anyway and have no need to check your Wi-Fi database. They've got your Address Book info, your bank site links and cookies, your email, your personal letters, etc.
The point is that I save on my computer what I consider the computer to be safe enough for, which includes, eg, my e-mails. I simply would like to be given the choice to decide whether I want to save certain things on my computer or not. With that database, Apple did not give me the choice because it did not inform me about this database (if it had told me, I might have run a cron job to delete it, excluded it from my TM backups, encrypted my iPhone backups, etc.).
The point is that I save on my computer what I consider the computer to be safe enough for, which includes, eg, my e-mails. I simply would like to be given the choice to decide whether I want to save certain things on my computer or not. With that database, Apple did not give me the choice because it did not inform me about this database (if it had told me, I might have run a cron job to delete it, excluded it from my TM backups, encrypted my iPhone backups, etc.).
Mattie Num Nums
Apr 19, 03:05 PM
Lol if apple was a religion it would have more extremists than Islam, Judaism, and Christianity combined! :eek:
Pssstt... I think it already is a religion to many.
When someone speaks about "smartphone marketshare" he usually means world wide and not only for Botswana. But nice try. :rolleyes:
You mean when someone says Marketshare they mean that other place outside of the center of the universe America?
Pssstt... I think it already is a religion to many.
When someone speaks about "smartphone marketshare" he usually means world wide and not only for Botswana. But nice try. :rolleyes:
You mean when someone says Marketshare they mean that other place outside of the center of the universe America?
limo
Aug 28, 10:35 AM
I have always had great support by Apple until my most recent incident. I needed a new LCD installed in a MacBook Pro. Their repair facility had my computer 20 days before the repair was completed. The CSR's kept telling me it should be ready in a day or two. Never an explanation why a part would take that long to get or anything. Just the same response every time.:mad:
mozmac
Nov 29, 09:21 AM
Dirty mother farters. How dare you try to claim a share of the music players. You see, they do more than just music. Would if someone bought one without putting any music on it!
powers74
Apr 10, 08:39 PM
Or make a lot of people happy. Either way everyone's going to be paying attention.
Lethal
Well, yeah, it will probably make more people happy, but it will be fun to see all the people bitching and moaning around here.
Lethal
Well, yeah, it will probably make more people happy, but it will be fun to see all the people bitching and moaning around here.
Multimedia
Jul 15, 05:22 PM
Too many people are complaining about rumored information that isn't even reliable, and most likely incorrect.
I think we can look at what Apple has done with its other lineups this past year as a guide to the future. Based on what we've seen, I don't think Apple will be redesigning the Mac Pro case -- it's large enough to accommodate anything they wish to throw in there. I also think it's a great industrial design, physically alluding to the power within.
The one question I do have is why is the Mac Pro the last to make this transition, why has it taken so long? Is it simply due to chip availability, is it due to some radical new design, or is it because the Mac Pro is Apple's flagship product and Apple is working long and hard to wedge in some great new technology?
I'll be watching the announcement closely, although my Dual 2.5 GHz G5 (single core) handles everything I throw at it and has never ever given me reason to even want to upgrade. However, if the new Mac Pro hits 3 GHz I may be very tempted... if it doesn't, I'll wait it out. If the new high end Mac Pro doesn't go to 3 GHz like Dell and others, the Mac Pro will sink plenty fast.Well my Dual 2.5 GHz G5 was easily brought to it's knees once I started simultaneously recording EyeTV, Encoding DVD Images and Ripping MP4s from those Images. Thank GOD the Quad went refurb in early February and I was able to sell your model for $2500.
In any event, I think we are all grasping at straws for the next three weeks waiting for Monday morning August 7. :confused: I'm sure there will be some sort of surprise. But I have no idea what that surprise will be. I'll be glad when it's over since we'll all be able to see much more clearly how the next year will be looking.
I think we can look at what Apple has done with its other lineups this past year as a guide to the future. Based on what we've seen, I don't think Apple will be redesigning the Mac Pro case -- it's large enough to accommodate anything they wish to throw in there. I also think it's a great industrial design, physically alluding to the power within.
The one question I do have is why is the Mac Pro the last to make this transition, why has it taken so long? Is it simply due to chip availability, is it due to some radical new design, or is it because the Mac Pro is Apple's flagship product and Apple is working long and hard to wedge in some great new technology?
I'll be watching the announcement closely, although my Dual 2.5 GHz G5 (single core) handles everything I throw at it and has never ever given me reason to even want to upgrade. However, if the new Mac Pro hits 3 GHz I may be very tempted... if it doesn't, I'll wait it out. If the new high end Mac Pro doesn't go to 3 GHz like Dell and others, the Mac Pro will sink plenty fast.Well my Dual 2.5 GHz G5 was easily brought to it's knees once I started simultaneously recording EyeTV, Encoding DVD Images and Ripping MP4s from those Images. Thank GOD the Quad went refurb in early February and I was able to sell your model for $2500.
In any event, I think we are all grasping at straws for the next three weeks waiting for Monday morning August 7. :confused: I'm sure there will be some sort of surprise. But I have no idea what that surprise will be. I'll be glad when it's over since we'll all be able to see much more clearly how the next year will be looking.
Glideslope
Mar 31, 06:14 PM
I've really loved my experience with Android so far. I've had an iPhone and a iPhone 3G and I am an iPhone developer.... yet I use Android.
Android will always be "open source" and this is not inconsistent with Google applying more control to stem inoperable fragmentation. These two ideas are not at odds.
I cannot wait for Google to do what I think Amazon is currently trying to do with their new App. Store.
That said I really like the new iPad 2, but sadly my next purchase would prolly be a i7 MacBook Pro.
Fragmentation, more control, more fragmentation, more control, more......
Microsoft, Vista, more Microsoft, more Vista, more.....
Too late. What comes after Honey Comb will be the test. Honey Comb = Mobile Vista. :apple:
Android will always be "open source" and this is not inconsistent with Google applying more control to stem inoperable fragmentation. These two ideas are not at odds.
I cannot wait for Google to do what I think Amazon is currently trying to do with their new App. Store.
That said I really like the new iPad 2, but sadly my next purchase would prolly be a i7 MacBook Pro.
Fragmentation, more control, more fragmentation, more control, more......
Microsoft, Vista, more Microsoft, more Vista, more.....
Too late. What comes after Honey Comb will be the test. Honey Comb = Mobile Vista. :apple:
ssk2
Mar 22, 03:39 PM
Why are you comparing the Playbook that is coming out this summer to iOS 4? Chances are it will be competing with iOS 5. If you want to be fair and all.
Oh FFS... Ok, yes, if we're being pedantic, I'll wait until I try both iOS 5 and the Playbook before deciding.
Oh FFS... Ok, yes, if we're being pedantic, I'll wait until I try both iOS 5 and the Playbook before deciding.
Bill McEnaney
Mar 1, 10:07 AM
Fair point. Then again, if one makes the assumption that Heaven is full of people with ideas like yours, I'd rather stay here or in Hell. Which is basically the same thing anyway. :p
After a politician died, he met St. Peter at the pearly gates. "We don't quite know what to do with you guys," the first pope admitted. "I'll tell ya what. You hang around heaven for few days before you ride the elevator to hell." Then you come back and tell me where you prefer to stay."
The politician hops on the elevator, presses the "basement" button, and before you know it, the elevator doors open to reveal a fantastic party. Satan greets the politician warmly, throws his arm around him, invites him to mingle."
After the bash, the party, the politician goes back to heaven. "Pete, I really enjoyed the harps, the singing angels, and lounging around on the clouds. But I think I prefer hell."
"That's all right. It's up to you."
Back to the elevator the politician goes, so it'll take him to hell where the Devil is is waiting for him. "What! I don't understand. Last time, everybody was having lots of fun. Now you guys are in agony."
"Sir," the Devil replies, last time we were campaigning. This time, you voted for us."
After a politician died, he met St. Peter at the pearly gates. "We don't quite know what to do with you guys," the first pope admitted. "I'll tell ya what. You hang around heaven for few days before you ride the elevator to hell." Then you come back and tell me where you prefer to stay."
The politician hops on the elevator, presses the "basement" button, and before you know it, the elevator doors open to reveal a fantastic party. Satan greets the politician warmly, throws his arm around him, invites him to mingle."
After the bash, the party, the politician goes back to heaven. "Pete, I really enjoyed the harps, the singing angels, and lounging around on the clouds. But I think I prefer hell."
"That's all right. It's up to you."
Back to the elevator the politician goes, so it'll take him to hell where the Devil is is waiting for him. "What! I don't understand. Last time, everybody was having lots of fun. Now you guys are in agony."
"Sir," the Devil replies, last time we were campaigning. This time, you voted for us."
davidcmc
Mar 22, 03:45 PM
Says the man who doesn't even own one.
I can assure that doubling the 256MB of the first iPad is not enough for people that need a lot of multitask, like me.
I don't need to own an iPad 2.
The competitors have 1GB RAM, iPad 2 has 512MB.
It's simple: Apple is always behind hardware-wise because they like to priorize esthetics and appearance (besides the "so wonderful OS" ad). It's been this way for Macs, it seems to be the same way for iPads.
Android phones are selling more than iPhone.
iPhone has started a market, competitors are improving it.
iPad has started a market, competitors are improving it.
If you just can't recognize how multitask works better with 1GB RAM and true background apps (QNX, Honeycomb), then you deserve to use a limited thing like an iPad.
I've only bought the first iPad because there were no competitors at that time (and I hate netbooks), but now things are different. To be honest, A LOT different.
People said that the iPhone was going to be the best phone out there, but the market is showing something different.
People say the iPad is the best tablet out there, but it seems that the market is going to show something different.
There are 2 sides: Apple fanboys and realistic people.
I like products, not brands.
I can assure that doubling the 256MB of the first iPad is not enough for people that need a lot of multitask, like me.
I don't need to own an iPad 2.
The competitors have 1GB RAM, iPad 2 has 512MB.
It's simple: Apple is always behind hardware-wise because they like to priorize esthetics and appearance (besides the "so wonderful OS" ad). It's been this way for Macs, it seems to be the same way for iPads.
Android phones are selling more than iPhone.
iPhone has started a market, competitors are improving it.
iPad has started a market, competitors are improving it.
If you just can't recognize how multitask works better with 1GB RAM and true background apps (QNX, Honeycomb), then you deserve to use a limited thing like an iPad.
I've only bought the first iPad because there were no competitors at that time (and I hate netbooks), but now things are different. To be honest, A LOT different.
People said that the iPhone was going to be the best phone out there, but the market is showing something different.
People say the iPad is the best tablet out there, but it seems that the market is going to show something different.
There are 2 sides: Apple fanboys and realistic people.
I like products, not brands.
JAT
Mar 23, 12:19 AM
Oh, look. woot! has a tablet today. Spiffy!
Willis
Jul 30, 11:09 AM
I think that the bigger issue with Dan=='s design (full credit and kudos for the idea!) is that the Mac Mini is so small that it only uses laptop components. If you want to have a full-size optical drive or a full-size hard drive, you need to use a larger form factor. This is part of the reason for the size of my design.
Here's a comparison in sizes (I've also changed the floor because my wife thought that the reflection was confusing...)
http://www.ghwphoto.com/3MacsFrontSm.png
http://www.ghwphoto.com/3MacsBackSm.png
Cheers!
actually.... that looks really good. If apple were to incorperate that... man... it'll be a good seller
Here's a comparison in sizes (I've also changed the floor because my wife thought that the reflection was confusing...)
http://www.ghwphoto.com/3MacsFrontSm.png
http://www.ghwphoto.com/3MacsBackSm.png
Cheers!
actually.... that looks really good. If apple were to incorperate that... man... it'll be a good seller
kenaustus
Jul 20, 08:52 PM
If Intel designates Kentsfield as a desktop processor it will make its way into Mac Pros as fast as the competition can deliver their desktop versions. Apple is now one of the "Intel Big Boys" and there will be continual (internal & external) pressure not to be left behind.
I would also think Apple is getting ready for Kentsfield - they have had the same pre-release information that the other Intel Big Boys have received.
I think that the surprise will be next month when Steve J is talking about Leopard. He'll mention something like, "You might have read a bit about a new chip from Intel called Kentsfield. You might like to know that Leopard is designed to take full advantage of Kentsfield when it's released." He really doesn't need to say anything else - that alone will drive MS nuts.
With a quad core arriving rather fast I believe that Apple may be looking at the headless range. Right now there is only the mini and (upcoming) Pro. Lots of room in between the two and that room gets bigger with Kentsfield. It presents a very good argument for a mid range headless to fill the gap.
SInce the mini has been out for a while there will be a lot of users that "switched" to a Mac because of the mini and now went something more powerful - without loosing their investment in their display. If the Pro is overkill then APple is going to loose the upgrade. Others, like me, use a PB with a large display - mine is the 23". I don't want a huge tower under the table and I don't see the value of moving to a mini. I'll reach for the credit card after Kentsfield is released IF there is a mid-range that excites me.
I would also think Apple is getting ready for Kentsfield - they have had the same pre-release information that the other Intel Big Boys have received.
I think that the surprise will be next month when Steve J is talking about Leopard. He'll mention something like, "You might have read a bit about a new chip from Intel called Kentsfield. You might like to know that Leopard is designed to take full advantage of Kentsfield when it's released." He really doesn't need to say anything else - that alone will drive MS nuts.
With a quad core arriving rather fast I believe that Apple may be looking at the headless range. Right now there is only the mini and (upcoming) Pro. Lots of room in between the two and that room gets bigger with Kentsfield. It presents a very good argument for a mid range headless to fill the gap.
SInce the mini has been out for a while there will be a lot of users that "switched" to a Mac because of the mini and now went something more powerful - without loosing their investment in their display. If the Pro is overkill then APple is going to loose the upgrade. Others, like me, use a PB with a large display - mine is the 23". I don't want a huge tower under the table and I don't see the value of moving to a mini. I'll reach for the credit card after Kentsfield is released IF there is a mid-range that excites me.