Makeover inspired by Marianne


Hi everyone,

Thanks for your supportive comments on my last post, it means a lot. :-)

I have been up early this morning - got lots of things to sort out. Thought I'd share with you my to-do list for today:

- clean cat litter tray - check
- clean chicken house and run - check
- got to Homebase and make use of the wonderful
board cutting service - check
- scrub kitchen - check
- paint picture frames - check
- watch 'Diary of a call girl' - check
- box up lovely Hunters that I got for Christmas (clearly the makers of said boots think we are all 6 foot and a size 6!) - about to do
- fix curtain hem - check
- paint chairs - will do that later
- put washing away - check
- put bin out - check

I feel as though I have done a day's work, but doesn't it feel good to get a whole list of things (some of those things I have been wanting to do for ages) done?


So, onto the more exciting things - look what I made today? All I did was measure the fire insert gap, and ask the chap in Homebase to cut the MDF for me. The makeover is inspired by Marianne's lovely blog (mainly because I copied the bird shape from her blog header!). I used vintage (I'd say early 1900s) music sheets to cover the MDF, and I cut out some songbirds from a pretty Laura Ashley wallpaper from my stash. I then stuck on 2 old fashioned kitchen handles (£2.99 each) using no more nails (sod drilling!). The edge looked a bit rough so I put some rope edging around the outside. What do you think? We are trying to cut the heating bills so I thought sealing up the draft from the chimney would be a good place to start. :-)

I also got lovely man to put this curtain and pole up for me to shut the drafts out. It's a really pretty crushed velvet and really does the job.


My to-do list for next week:

- Post Hunters
- Go to garage and get service book stamped
- Ring finance company (so that I can pay off my bill)
- Get millions of broken shoes repaired (cheaper and better than getting new ones)
- Get keys cut
- Post thank you cards

What's on your to-do list? :-)

Sian x