Roses corner, acting and a good tidy up

Hiya,

I hope you all had a good weekend. I just thought I'd update you on how the acting course went - I thoroughly enjoyed myself! I've discovered that I'd probably make a good television presenter (well, I can multi-task anyway) and I also did a bit of sight reading. I've got to learn some lines from a scene in Casualty for next week. The only down side is that the location of the course is right in the heart of the Brighton north lanes so every which way I turn there are market stalls, antique, brica brac and archetectural salvage shops. I have zero funds at the moment so I'll be taking the train there to avoid loading my car up with stuff!

I spent today doing all the chores for the week and I've also been going through all the drawers and cupboards in the house and sorting them out. I decided to have a bit of a rearrange of a few things too.

[Landing]

The landing is now looking rather rosey after I decided to move the pretty roses teaset from the crowded dresser to up on the windowsil (the old external wall). I'm rather pleased with the way it looks - sorry about the night-time pics but I've been beavering away all day! This gorgeous cupboard is where we hide away all the DVDs. I had this made a few years ago by Carol and her husband at Country Cream. Its not something they usually make but I gave them the specifications et voila - this was the result! I've moved some of my perfume bottles on her because I think they look so pretty.

[Country Cream DVD cupboard]

I've also got some top tips for people:

You see those bottles on the bathroom windowsil? Well, some of them are Victorian apothecary bottles - I just love them, partly because of my laboratory background and partly because they are so pretty. Some of them are just plain old cheap decanters, which you can pick up for about £1 in the charity shop. I bought some £1 bottles of supermarket own brand bath foam and then filled the bottles up. They looks so pretty when the light shines through. Another tip I have is that a while ago someone bought us some Molten Brown soap and moisturiser. The moisturiser lasts far longer than the soap so I just bought some cheap supermarket own soap and refill the MB bottle. No one will ever know!



Here are the rest of my tidying efforts!

[trinket boxes all in one place]

[I added this gorgeous rose transfer from Kelly at Vintage Lifestyle to this enamel jug in the bathroom]

[spare room]

[rearranged a few things in the spare room, you can see the stunning dressing table set I got from Debbie at Debbie's English Treasures]

This is a little bag/purse I made for my old neighbour's little girl, don't look too closely at the stitching. I'm not very god at making things like bags, I'd love to be as good as Hen! I'm still pleased with the way it's turned out.

Night!

Sian x